Search results

1. AudioKC

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Got my answer from GPT. Choosing 997 Hz instead of a round 1,000 Hz for test signals is a practice that stems from the early days of audio engineering. This specific frequency can help avoid synchronization issues with test equipment that might be operating on cycles synchronized to a 1 kHz...
  2. AudioKC

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

fantastic dac and fantastic review. I love that test with sin wave at noise floor for 16bit. Why though 997hz?
  3. AudioKC

Erin's KEF Blade 2 Meta review.

Sounds to me that you like directivity mismatch, which makes speakers “alive”. I heard many times from people that speakers with great directivity not fun for them. Plus Kef is has quite narrow horizontal directivity which can make them sound smaller than other speakers.
  4. AudioKC

Erin's KEF Blade 2 Meta review.

I decided to listen to "Balade 2" via my Kef R11. :D And configured Dirac Live Curve to be similar to Blade 2. Fun experience, punchy upper bass, and quite a good midrange! Actually, I like that flat response from 200 to 1000.
  5. AudioKC

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

Great! I'm driving a KEF R11 from it (Dirac Live Bass Control, with active crossover). Love it, can go up to 95-100db at my listening position! I got the version with a trigger (no auto sensing) but Topping DM-7 has a trigger line and it works perfectly well.
  6. AudioKC

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

I think because better performance in SINAD and ZA3 has sub crossover out of the box.
  7. AudioKC

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Oh, very appealing device for 2.1 system. Nice to see good performance and power from such a budget device. If my Ayma A07 will die, will replace it with this box.
  8. AudioKC

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Shame that it does not work with iOS
  9. AudioKC

> If you listen to Crinacle's explanation, he describes exactly what I'm hearing That is the point, that many of us hear differently, my wife is very very treble sensitive, she told me many times that "high frequency is off" for many my speakers with bad spin and wild angled reflection from...
  10. AudioKC

Sure, but Need to meet a person preference. After my audio journey in 25 years, I kind of diverged from Harman a bit, toward smaller bump in bass and more midrange / upper midrange. Harman curve is for average person.
  11. AudioKC

End-game enough?

That is not 100% correct, I need 4 channel DAC to run bass control with two subs. So at least this is why I picked Topping DM-7
  12. AudioKC

End-game enough?

I did room treatment and optimization for RT60. A couple things to improve, for example ceiling treatment, but later. RT60 is quite even, not perfect but in fine range, ~350ms
  13. AudioKC

End-game enough?

For sure, valid prespective. For me end game is when I did everything to get sound that is closer to perfection, without going through divorce :D:D:D
  14. AudioKC

End-game enough?

For reference These are quite similar dynamic drivers, with minor updates, but a quite different tuning overall. Regular R3-R11 is quite high shelve in mid-treble (starting from 2K) It’s ok to compare different R models in region after 1K. First is R5 Meta tuning Second is R3 non Meta tuning
  15. AudioKC

End-game enough?

A short update for history. Did a more aggressive roll off from 4k region using dirac live, tried to repeat Kef R3/R5 Meta measured curve, after that Kef R11 sounded better in treble region. To give more space for mid/treble, reduced bump in mid bass. And I think found an sweet spot for myself...
  16. AudioKC

I don’t use EQ for IEMs. I love pure raw sound of different IEMs :) My go to now Crinacle Zero:2 Hexa Timeless
  17. AudioKC

Different approaches to managing bass

I did some room treatment with furniture and panels. Biggest game changer for me was Dirac Live Bass Control with multiple subs in system.
  18. AudioKC

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Это прекрасно
  19. AudioKC

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Great Falls, Northern Virginia, USA
  20. AudioKC

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Impressive, with functionality and price point, it's quite a good pick for streaming effortless listening. Back in 2018 I had sonos 5, sold it in 2020.
Top Bottom