Search results

1. MrEWhite

Sennheiser HDV-820 USB DAC & Headphone Amp Review

No they aren't, they're 23 ohms. This is for headphones like the HD 800 S & the HD 650 where the impedance is 300 ohms.
  2. MrEWhite

FS: RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Sold elsewhere.
  3. MrEWhite

FS: RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

I'm selling my RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE for $2200 + shipping (PayPal) to CONUS only. I've been using it since around January, and I wanted to try something different, and I've landed on a different DAC/amp combo I'm liking better, so I'm selling this. It works perfectly and sounds great.
  4. MrEWhite

DAC and Windows 11

I’ve had 0 issues on Windows 11 with DSD.
  5. MrEWhite

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

RME does it on their ADI-2 DAC/Pro and it’s fantastic there.
  6. MrEWhite

Upgrades from Sennheiser HD6XX without EQ?

I ran a pair of HD 6XX single-ended on a RME ADI-2 DAC and a Topping A90, and they drove them extremely well, with the A90 having some more headroom obviously. Currently I just use a RME ADI-2/4 Pro, and they also drive the HD 6XX single-ended no problem. Deleted because I wanted to say I was...
  7. MrEWhite

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Coming back to this, I've since returned these headphones. On more loudly produced tracks, like Andrew W.K.'s It's Time to Party, along with a lot of modern metal tracks, the audio just sounded super bloated and it was hard to pick any of the elements out. So I've since gone back to my...
  8. MrEWhite

Got my Expanse yesterday and my ADI-2/4 Pro SE today. So far, I think I'm liking these headphones. They have the best, most detailed and deep sounding bass I've heard out of any headphones yet. But, I'll have to listen a bit more to form a more in-depth opinion on them.
  9. MrEWhite

Don't shoot the messenger! ;) If it actually doesn't output that much, I wonder why they suggested it.
  10. MrEWhite

Was curious and emailed Dan Clark about their recommendations for pairings to use with this headphone. They sent me a document stating some recommendations for it. Note that even though it doesn't mention the Expanse, they said it applies: "The headphones are relatively low impedance, -Aeon is...
  11. MrEWhite

Currently looking at picking up a pair of these and a RME ADI-2/4 Pro to go with it. I assume that the ADI-2/4 Pro would be more than fine with these power wise when using the 4.4mm balanced jack, right?
  12. MrEWhite

Topping HS01: Useful device or snake oil?

If I use my ADI-2 DAC FS with an amp over RCA, I get buzzing if I do anything intensive on my computer. I'll go ahead and pick one of these up then!
  13. MrEWhite

FS: Topping A90

Sold on another site.
  14. MrEWhite

Price dropped to $400.
  15. MrEWhite

FS: Corpse Cable Dual 1/4" to 4.4mm TRRRS GraveDigger Adapter for RME ADI-2 Pro

Shipping to CONUS only. For sale is a Corpse Cable Custom Dual 1/4" to 4.4mm TRRRS GraveDigger Adapter for RME AUDIO ADI-2 Pro. It converts the ADI-2 Pro's two front 1/4" jacks to a balanced 4.4mm jack to plug headphones into. I'm selling this as I bought it and couldn't return it and I no...
  16. MrEWhite

Shipping to CONUS Only I’m selling a lightly used Topping A90 with it’s box, a 1/4th male to 3.5mm female adapter, and it's power cable for $405 with free shipping. I’ve had it since September and it’s works perfectly.
  17. MrEWhite

Advice for my HD 800S

Yup! That looks correct.
  18. MrEWhite

Advice for my HD 800S

I agree with this, oratory’s HD800S EQ settings sound fantastic on my RME ADI-2 DAC FS + a Topping A90.
Top Bottom