Search results

1. B

M&K S-150THX Speaker Review

I have a trio of unique, one-of-a-kind M&Ks. These started life as regular S150s in the short lived cherry veneer cabinets. Being in the business at the time, and having gotten to know Ken and Chuck, they agreed to do for me a very special thing, what amounted to a "field upgrade", turning them...
  2. B

Question re monitor pops (especially if you own a G4 KRK)

Was there a computer anywhere near by the at the time? Thats the sort of sound you get when picking up RF noise from one. As for the hiss, maybe they had a bad run? I cant imagine the 10 is that different, but my RP7 pair is the quietest active speaker i have ever come across. Hiss/self noise...
  3. B

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

Either something wrong with your units (hard to believe you just happen to get two bad ones) or there is something wrong with your setup. The RP7 is DEAD silent at idle. Literally have to have you ear up against them to hear any hiss ay idle.
  4. B

DAC as a living room pre

@Purité Audio Thank you for pointing those out. No BlueTooth though and price is stratospheric. :) @staticV3 Those SMSL's are definitely an option, thank you for bring them to my attention. Especially the D-6 which would give me bal output for about the same price as the DX3 with SE.... but for...
  5. B

DAC as a living room pre

In an effort to size-down our traditional living room setup (giant receiver, tower speakers). I want to try using something like a Topping DX3 as a mini-preamp coupled to some powered studio monitors. I need BlueTooth and Optical (check!), remote control of input and volume (check!) but it would...
  6. B

Hadent heard of the black gunk of death until now. I have the 7" G4 and LOVE them! I Certainly hope KRK learned. lol
  7. B

Fluance Ai41 Spinorama and Measurements

Thanks so much for doing the in-depth assessment! I had heard (no pun intended) that these and the larger Ai61 has "less" DSP/Dynamic Loudness shenanagins (compared to the previous iterations) and I was really hopeful: I really like the idea of a powered bookshelf I can connect a couple devices...
  8. B

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

Are you saying that because you know the M2 has issues, or you just dont like Windows 11? Yes I'm running it allready and its fine. I was able to try a 2i2 and it works perfectly.
  9. B

Universal Audio Volt USB Audio Interfaces

Hi Dave, When I heard about UA doing a more novice-priced USB interface I was very excited (because even your USB Solo is well out of my price range). I do wish there had been even just a smidge of on-board DSP for live/streaming applications (EQ, Compressor, and 'verb would have been nice). I...
  10. B

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

Has anyone who has one of these upgraded to Windows 11 yet? Just wondering if the W10 software/driver works ok.
  11. B

I recently went with the 7 G4s and they are DEAD silent at idle, to the point you might even wonder if they are on. Connected directly to my PC's sound card there is all sorts of low level noise (even moving the mouse generates some), but that has nothing to do with the Rokits. I recently...
  12. B

I would say yes, but for just a few bucks more, get the 7s. They have way more amplifier/headroom, and are only slightly larger.
  13. B

So I'm curious, what is the REAL size of KRK drivers?!? I just picked up a pair of 7 G4s, which are billed as having a 7" woofer, but even if I measure generously past the outer edges of the surround/suspension, they are a most 5.5". If they are basing their '7 inch' on the largest dimension...
  14. B

Contacting KRK

Has anyone had success communicating with KRK customer support? I've all but decided on a pair of their monitors, and possibly a sub, but I'm a little concerned that they are not responding to some basic questions I wanted to ask. I tried their "contact us" page a week ago and never heard back...
  15. B

I have to admit, I'm very torn between the 7" Rokit and the Adam T7V. I just dont know how much we can infer aboit either one by looking at the reviews and measurments of their 5” counterparts.
  16. B

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

I'm wondering where the T7V sits between the 5 and the 8. At first I would have assumed it more or less split the difference in terms of output and low end roll off, but if we take Adam's specs/graphs at face value the 7 seems much closer to the 5 than the 8: looks like it reaches but a couple...
  17. B

Yea I got pretty excited as well but as you say this is akin to the high/low shelf selections afforded by just about every studio monitor. "Room tuning settings" would be a more apt description over "graphic EQ". I gather the "25 presets" comes from their being 5 choices for high, 5 for low...
  18. B

Looking for a new PC/Office speaker (HS7, T7V, etc).

After careful consideration I've decided the Kali IN-5 is out of the question price wise. I did go to the local Long & McQuaid hoping they had an LP-6 so I could hear how bad the hiss is (I'm a little confused by some people saying their sample has no hiss to speak of). They unfortunatly didnt...
  19. B

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Most valuable. @mononoaware I too lament the HS series. Its so odd that Yamaha has cultivated such a good reputation for themselves in areas of musical instruments etc, yet are satisfied with their main monitor line so far off the mark that a large swath of...
  20. B

First post here. Loving what I'm seeing the review format here! I'm coming off of an old pair of Paradigm A2 powered speakers. They served me well but need to be replaced. I'm not recording/mixing or anything like that but I do consider myself an audiophile so am looking for neutral response...
Top Bottom