Search results

1. Jeromeof

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

Not sure what your are complaining about - but its super simple to open the V3 Mono and replace the op-amp - Fosi even have a diagram showing which ones can be replaced: Here is my pre-release board: Zooming into the replaceable op-amps :
  2. Jeromeof

Moondrop Chu II DSP - EQ Review

Thanks I will updated the details of the review with 9 filters - for me the FreeDSP is much more reliable than it was when I first got it and it now supports Q values down to 0.2 but Moondrop still have work to do with both the Android and IOS apps.
  3. Jeromeof

Moondrop Lab

By the way, I have written a review of the new Moondrop Chu II DSP and posted it here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/moondrop-chu-ii-dsp-eq-review.53470 In some respects, it mirrors this new Dusk, where DSP has been used to get the final 'tweaks' to the analog...
  4. Jeromeof

Moondrop Chu II DSP - EQ Review

This is a review of the Moondrop Chu II DSP - I bought this recently for $24 to compare it with some other DSP IEM's and cables that I have also been playing with and I thought I would share the details of what I found: The normal version of the Moondrop Chu II arrived last year into a much...
  5. Jeromeof

Moondrop Lab

I think Apple currently does not allow (but that will probably change in the next few months), the low level access write changes to an attached usb-c in IOS. Writing these settings is not the same as read/writing from an attached storage usb device.
  6. Jeromeof

I see Fosi have posted more information about the V3 Mono https://fosiaudio.com/pages/monoblock-power-amplifier-v3-mono
  7. Jeromeof

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I don't think I have seen such a smooth estimate in-room response.
  8. Jeromeof

Review and Measurements of Schiit Aegir PWR Amplifier

I see there is now an Aegir 2 with more power and 'Halo'! I imagine Halo make more sense with speakers so will be interesting to see the some measurements soon.
  9. Jeromeof

I presume the latest picture has put to bed the great RCA conspiracy of 2024 :)
  10. Jeromeof

Moondrop May (IEM with USB C DSP cable)

I think the recent improvement's in the MOONDROP app have made the CHU II dsp almost as good as the TANCHJIM One DSP and better in some respects! I am planning on writing some details about these IEMs this week
  11. Jeromeof

Stereophile and Audio Cables

One place where 'cables' still need to be tested IMO is HDMI cables - often with 'cheap' (and even not so cheap HDMI cable) are not of the 19 wires needed for full HDMI 2.0 compatibility are connected. https://robots.net/tech/how-many-wires-in-a-hdmi-cable/ I bought this last year and ended up...
  12. Jeromeof

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

Does plugging in a headphone mute the aux output?
  13. Jeromeof

Fun with Measurements and EQ with Soundcore headphones

Well all things are relative - they definitely need EQ to bring the bass down considerable and I would only use them when I would need ANC (on a train or airplane and occasionally I have used them when working in a noisy environment). They would not be a headphone I would normally listen to...
  14. Jeromeof

Fun with Measurements and EQ with Soundcore headphones

Introduction I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with Soundcore devices. I love the value and feature set they typically offer. Often their devices can be found on sale at almost 'disposable' discounted prices, but they are a long way from 'audiophile' territory, with cheap 'plastic'...
  15. Jeromeof

Aiyima’s TPA3255 PFFB based amplifier, coming soon

Yes looks like it has that nice balance between price, power and performance
  16. Jeromeof

Desktop vs Full Room

I have had a similar experience I was mainly a 'closed back' headphone person for a long time in the company office (so I could 'zone in' on work stuff but not disturb those around me with loud music) and I would also bring some noise cancelling TWS sets for the Train. My house had an 'aging'...
  17. Jeromeof

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

I do hope they produce a TANCHJIM Origin DSP version as I found the TANCHJIM One DSP was excellent with a nice app and sensible presets
  18. Jeromeof

WiiM Amp discussion

They now also have a nice solution to my 'problem' with a large collection of tracks on the external USB drive plugged into the back of the WiiM Amp. The latest version of their App caches and 'resyncs' the scanned metadata from the tracks found on the usb. So both the WiiM Amp itself and now...
  19. Jeromeof

Yes that does make much more sense - though I think the upper range is too large - but I guess given its configurable that ok.
  20. Jeromeof

I believe Aiyima already mentioned they sent one to @amirm - but I imagine it was a pre-release model so may not perform as well as their final production models. I am guessing they have not finalised things yet as they still have that odd looking Low Pass Filter configuration in those...
Top Bottom