Search results

1. Ears of Tin

Built a PI4 / Amp2 streamer amp

The wood is practical because the Pi connects to my NAS with wifi and a metal case can act as a Faraday cage blocking the signal. That being said, electricity and wood make me nervous so I use a power strip toggle to power on and off with each use.
  2. Ears of Tin

Built a PI4 / Amp2 streamer amp

I run the same equipment in a spare bedroom with a Pi3B and some old Boston Acoustics that I recently refoamed. Very happy with it for 5 years now.
  3. Ears of Tin

Has anyone gotten rAudio to work?

I'm up to date with 20230828. I would repeat the advice for new installs to add a small directory of music while experimenting with settings. My full library takes 3 hours to index so I test with my much smaller holiday music collection. rAudio 20230828 5.15.78-1 aarch64 Raspberry Pi 3B+ Rev...
  4. Ears of Tin

Has anyone gotten rAudio to work?

I'm running several installations of rAudio since it launched as a stand alone from Rune about two years ago. Hardware is RPi3B with DAC hats. Source is wifi connection to a common NAS. Library is 77k tracks. I navigate to what I want by file directories rather than MPD tags. I love it.
  5. Ears of Tin

How do you listen to Digital Files?

Two Raspberry Pi3B's with rAudio software. One on the main floor of house has a DAC hat that connects to an integrated amp with RCA cable. One in bedroom has hifiberry amp hat which connects directly to speakers. Another raspberry has LMS/piCorePlayer installed which casts files to multiple...
  6. Ears of Tin

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

One of my small frustrations is the three hours it takes to build my library with operating systems such as rAudio or Volumio that incorporate MPD. After the build finally completes with all that wonderful tag detail, the next thing I do is delete the album, artist, genre, composer, etc. icons...
  7. Ears of Tin

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

My year-old unit retains settings when household power is interrupted. But when power is returned the unit switches on. If I return from a trip and the display screen is on l know the neighborhood lost power when I was away.
  8. Ears of Tin

Is Volumio the best 'streamer freeware'?

Having tried most of the competitors, my favorite is rAudio. All the features I want and the best UI.
  9. Ears of Tin

What's the latest on pi based music steamers?

I like pcp/LMS for one specific plugin - Chromecast audio bridge. We have several Google speakers and CCA devices connected to powered speakers on porch and garage. Otherwise, to me, it suffers from the Volumio/Moode problem of cramming too much on one page (tiny print, tiny buttons, truncated...
  10. Ears of Tin

What's the latest on pi based music steamers?

My personal favorite is rAudio after also using Volumio and Moode for many years. Volumio 3.0 motivated me switch one of my RPi's to piCorePlayer/LMS. Try them all. I have a mix of 3Bs and 4s some with heat sinks some without.
  11. Ears of Tin

What is a good system (server + app) to stream and transfer music from a NAS to an iPhone

I live in an Android household. I occasionally use the BubbleUp app to stream from my Western Digital NAS to my phone, listening with headphones. The app allows downloading to the device so I can continue to listen when I'm no longer on WiFi.
  12. Ears of Tin

rAudio-1(Arch-based music player for all Raspberry Pi's)

Simply my opinion, but I greatly prefer rAudio to all the others because of its UI. It contains more information and is easy to navigate. Never had any trouble with Wifi, UPnP or Bluetooth but I don't use Spotify. I also use LMS because of its Chromecast plugin. I sample Volumio and Moode when...
  13. Ears of Tin

How do I play music on my RPI3B+ with HifiBerry DAC+ Pro

Another possible alternative is rAudio. Note that I don't use Spotify but others have sufaced issues and solutions on the rAudio github. It seems that streaming service difficulties are the Achilles heel of RPi streamers.
  14. Ears of Tin

New Volumio is paid?

My personal favorite based on both features and UI is rAudio (nee RuneAudio). https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1 I recently replaced Volumio with piCore/LMS on my secondary system as I was put off by some of the 3.0 changes. I like piCore although it's trickier to install and configure than...
  15. Ears of Tin

MC-1000: Best Speaker in the World?

Awesome! That means the pair of MC-1500 I've had in the attic for 40 years will fetch at least $8,000. Any offers?
  16. Ears of Tin

You can test just the RPi by removing the digi2 and testing for sound from the headphone jack.
  17. Ears of Tin

Big thumbs up for rAudio. It has everything I need - streaming from NAS or attached HDD, Bluetooth send and receive, internet radio, Radio Paradise, equalizer, CD player support, tag editing, song lyrics, artist bios, OTA updates, DLNA, samba sharing. These are standard features on many players...
  18. Ears of Tin

Compact amp with volume control for desktop setup

I have this and like it a lot. https://www.amazon.com/S-M-S-L-Bluetooth-NJW1194-Hi-Res-Amplifier/dp/B091C9WV9Z
  19. Ears of Tin

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

I'm not sure that Amazon ratings and questions are entirely complete. I purchased my DA-9 in June on Amazon day at a small discount. It has worked perfectly and I love it. As an Verified Purchaser I got a "can you answer this question" email. Another purchaser had the freeze problem and my...
  20. Ears of Tin

Wireless volume knob recommendation needed

Being a couch potato, I use the BubbleUPnP app on my phone to control volume when I use Chromecast Audio. More often I use my phone's browser when listening with rAudio, Volumio or Moode on one of my Raspberry Pis. I never touch the amp.
Top Bottom