Search results

1. N

Which DAC?

Brilliant, thanks, I ordered it. Gonna use optical from TV to Wiim, line out from the Technics to Wiim, and Wiim to the Genelecs RCA to XLR. Can't wait.
  2. N

Which DAC?

So SL-1500c line out to the Wiim Pro Plus, then RCA to XLR cable to the studio monitors? EDIT: would I gain anything by buying one of the external DACs listed in my original post? How does the Wiim's DAC compare to those? Also, the Wiim would convert the analog signal from the turntable to...
  3. N

Which DAC?

Genelec 8030 active monitors, SL-1500c. I want to also stream digital music. What do I need for this? MOTU M2, Schiit Modius, SMSL DO100? What's the best option if I just want to either play vinyl or stream music? Budget for DAC/audio interface is <250 euros. A sub might get added at some point...
  4. N

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

What do you mean stuck with the DAC?
  5. N

Recommend an "entry level" setup

Technics is not as impressive as it used to be, and there's a lot of hype. They make them in Malaysia now. Vintage is out of the question, can't deal with that where I live, don't want to buy online. It's not about quantity, but quality. Can't imagine listening to trash music on high end...
  6. N

Thanks, it's settled then. I'll let you guys know when I get the units. Thanks everyone for your help. :)
  7. N

Can't find the AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 in Europe. :/ The WXA-50 is not powerful enough for the Elacs though?
  8. N

Can I connect it to a WXC-50 preamp to be used for streaming and connecting all rooms? Is there anything else I need; the Aiyima amp, Yamaha preamp and a pair of DBR62. Thanks.
  9. N

I've decided on a pair of DBR62s. I just need a "cheap" amp, what do I drive them with?? What else do I need? Can the WXA-50 drive them?
  10. N

Thanks for the input, I'll check the V2!
  11. N

"As far as DBR62 vs 8010A, DBR62 every time, even with a sub" Does everyone agree with this? Price would be similar I imagine, with a new amp for the DBR62s. I would be listening at my desk in a relatively small bedroom.
  12. N

Weren't the Kalis shat upon heavily in the review? Damn, do you think the 8020s would be fine then? I couldn't afford a sub with them tho.
  13. N

It seems the Genelecs use xlr only, if I use the wxc-50 with them can I just get any rca to xlr cable? Does it matter? Edit: would the 8010a Genelecs be decent for music listening in a 14 m2 room at up to 2 meters away? They're significantly less expensive than the bigger brothers and I could...
  14. N

Should I just buy a pair of Genelec 8030c and a small preamp? The turntable can wait. Would studio monitors disappoint me for pure music listening?
  15. N

So A130 vs DBR62, active speakers out of the question? I'll have to go have a listen to all the recommendations here. Not I'm not so sold on a turntable, but then I really want to listen to my jazz on vinyl...
  16. N

The UB costs the same as DBR62 and they're not recommended here? What would I gain with coaxial speakers in a small room, I would place the speakers at ear level.
  17. N

Yea I can't open any of the links, but they do show up when I Google search this thread.
  18. N

Around 50, it's not a big collection, but I can listen to each and every one from start to finish.
Top Bottom