Search results

1. G

QSC Q-SYS for loudspeaker management

Has anyone tried it? The new QSC "core" products all follow this open architecture. looks like it can do anything as far as audio crossover is concerned. e.g. this unit: https://www.qsc.com/products-solutions/q-sys/processing/core-8-flex/ How's the analog quality?
  2. G

DAC recommendation: Soncoz QXD1/Topping E30/D30Pro?

Source: miniDSP DDRC-88D, selectable 4x SPDIF or AES Use case: LX521, 4-way stereo speakers crossover Must have: coax SPDIF or AES input Nice to have: XLR, volume control Candidates (based on low price, high ranking on ASR): Topping E30 Topping D30Pro (expensive) Soncoz QXD1 SMSL Sanskrit 10th...
  3. G

Can I connect four DACs to the same source and expect them to play in phase?

Application: LX512 speaker (4-way stereo crossover) Source: miniDSP DDRC-88D Potential DAC: four units of Topping E30 or SMSL 10th MKii Will they work in phase? theoretically they should since clock comes from the SPDIF. Other than measuring the speakers at the crossover point, how can I verify?
  4. G

multichannel DSP + DAC as alternative to miniDSP

My application is LX521, it requires the following functions: - 8 channel analog output - DSP that supports at least 6 PEQs (inc. shelving filters) per channel - Basic matrix routing (I just need to copy 2 inputs onto 8 outputs) - Digital input via coax or optical SPDIF/AES - The DSP must happen...
  5. G

8-channel volume control

Assume 8 channels coming out of a multichannel DAC or 4x stereo DACs, in balanced or unbalanced format (let's assume unbal for simplicity). I want a ready to use product, no soldering/coding required. After some research I found the following options: 1. Mechanical potentiometers, e.g...
  6. G

Can I use multiple stereo DACs instead of one multichannel DAC?

Assume the input is 4xSPDIF like this unit: https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/nanodigi-2x8-b The different channels go to an 8-ch power amp connected to stereo 4-way speakers, so the phase matters (at crossover point). Would there be phase/clock sync issues with multiple DACs...
  7. G

What measurements/parameters tell you to NOT use a subwoofer for mid range frequencies?

I tried crossing several subwoofers "too high" and they all sounded very bad. However I cannot see anything in the measurements or specs that suggests so, the FR looks flat but it still sounds terrible. it's not just beaming, it sounds "boomy" and "slow" and "muddy" in every direction. e.g...
Top Bottom