Search results

1. R

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

I’d be curious to see if the Lintons measure that much better than the Diamonds 12.2 for three times the price. Someone on the forum mentioned the Lintons sounding as dull as a dishwasher or something. I guess it depends on your room and amp 8D
  2. R

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

With just SBC & AAC and 80 watts at 8 ohms, if it measure wells, it would be 4 times cheaper than the Rotel A11 Tribute or 8 times cheaper than the Rotel A14 mkii! (Both of which I have been eyeing for the reviews and 5 year warranty.)
  3. R

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

What are the supported Bluetooth codecs?
  4. R

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

If you have the space to not have them too close to the wall and you’re planning for home cinema later, 12.2 sounds like the better investment to me.
  5. R

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Lol! Love the new look! But the PA3S is still my favourite for price and having RCA inputs #sorrynotsorry
  6. R

New DAC to mate with my new WiiM streamer

Either one is basically transparent like you say. You could choose via esthetics or practical reasons like ease of return or warranty depending on where you live.
  7. R

New DAC to mate with my new WiiM streamer

Since you are using a preamp and presumably don’t need a remote or volume control, the Atom DAC+ from JDS Labs could be a really nice choice.
  8. R

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I was hoping for the internal DAC to match performance of the Apple USB-C dongle. It would have been good enough for me to avoid using an external DAC.
  9. R

Integrated class D amplifier suggestion for Mission Lx2 Mk2 Bookshelf Speaker

For more power than the PA3s and staying passive, your original choice of the SMSL AO200 looks like a great option.
  10. R

Integrated class D amplifier suggestion for Mission Lx2 Mk2 Bookshelf Speaker

I think a little Toppins PA3s would be a good budget option if you don’t listen really loud. Otherwise, the active version, Mission LX CONNECT, seems really nice.
  11. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thankfully that is what measurements will show us. No doubt there will be a difference, but maybe it will still be good enough for most. I’m really hoping for the internal DAC to be good so things like volume control works. Losing that by using the optical out defeats the purpose of using the...
  12. R

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

Agreed! It looks so nice I want one, and I don’t even have headphones. I’m using their Atom Dac+ on a pair of powered speakers and it’s great. I would also gladly throw money at them for a small passive speakers dac/amp or amp if it would be as gorgeous as the Element III.
  13. R

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

I am using this cheaper option with my iphone 6s & Atom DAC+ MeloAudio USB 2.0 Type-B OTG Adapter and Charging MIDI Cable Compatible iOS Devices to Midi Controller https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0829NV65Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title There is also another option without charging but is...
  14. R

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

According to Toku, it would work, but you would get a hiss sound. Post in thread 'Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-pa3s-review-desktop-amplifier.27079/post-1017898
  15. R

I have no idea, but I am keen to find out.
  16. R

Can't wait to see if it's gonna be the Class AB amp and what the inputs/outputs will be!
  17. R

Sorry for being thick, are you saying you prefer the sound of the PA3s to the PA5?
  18. R

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

Barring that, I would happily "settle" for a Topping DAC with arc HDMI :) (I don't have a lot of faith on the cheap HDMI audio extractors I have seen.)
  19. R

I also have the Atom DAC. I figure, perhaps naively, that it could get 80% (2v on 2.5v) of the wattage. So 68W @ 8 ohms instead of 85W. The PA3s could be a simpler choice if 45W is enough. Not sure how audible the noise difference is or if other aspects like sound stage, dynamism, etc, are...
  20. R

Genuinely curious. Accepting, the PA5 is overpriced: What are some similar amps costing less? What are some better amps costing the same (or less?) I read a comment about the Yamaha's WXA-50, but it's 50% pricier than the PA5 (at least in Canada: PA5 460$, WXA-50 700$) Other typical amps like...
Top Bottom