Search results

1. AudioArchitech

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

I myself know upgraded crossover parts make a difference. Some friends and family heard it too. Did one speaker at a time, one part at a time. oh no, blasphemy, we used our ears ; ) Not trying to convince you, that sounds impossible, but i know myself from experience. I used Claritycap CSA...
  2. AudioArchitech

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

And a couple of times I have seen a him say he liked the speaker, didn’t change the crossover network and simply offered a parts upgrade kit.
  3. AudioArchitech

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for I saw a video yesterday where he had the guy from Spatial Audio visit and praised his speakers. no upgrade
  4. AudioArchitech

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

I still think that he’s being blasted, generalizations being made using a review of his worst speaker as evidence that everything he does is a joke. Feels like a high school mob. I bet most of his other speakers are quite good.
  5. AudioArchitech

Funny too is how Danny talks about how good of a track runner he is in his videos.
  6. AudioArchitech

Guys, we moved passed this already ^^ Page 18
  7. AudioArchitech

I did return it, and I moved on. I was just questioning the amp choice by Amir for testing is all
  8. AudioArchitech

It was already discussed the last page or two. But if you are looking for context. Personally, I would use a reliable and trusted brand. Bryston comes to mind, go Canada ;) Really, there's plenty of options, the Purifi would have satisfied me. Amir seems to think it would have fried the...
  9. AudioArchitech

Ha! Do you build speakers or something?
  10. AudioArchitech

Sounds really bad ! Amir: “ this is the worst sounding speaker I have ever tested” “ I then just moved the speaker cable to the LGK 2.0 and man did it sound crappy. You hear the distortion as soon as you give it any volume. “
  11. AudioArchitech

I guess I'm just quite surprised that it could that bad. Good to hear that you retested your PA5 and it still works good, that's promising. May have to try another PA5 later. edit: only if PA5 warranty shipping is to somewhere in North America, not risking having to ship to China again...
  12. AudioArchitech

Interestingly, Danny posted a video today with the guy from Spatial Audio, praised his speaker
  13. AudioArchitech

I wonder how Audio Note’s (corner placement) speakers would measure using Amir’s methods?
  14. AudioArchitech

[ you’re right, he said he would use Purifi, then used the Topping PA5 instead. “As to listening to them, I always do that. My system for testing desktop speakers is RME ADI-2 DAC driving Purifi based amplifier. “
  15. AudioArchitech

Are you talking about desktop levels?
  16. AudioArchitech

Now I am so curious to try it myself. Especaially after sending my defective Topping PA5 back for static, crackling and pops. The amp that Amir used to test LGK 2.0. Then told Danny he used a Purifi amp?!?
  17. AudioArchitech

Pretty sure Danny said up to 84dB. Is that how Amir tested?
  18. AudioArchitech

Bunch of good parts in there. Many drivers, even in expensive speakers that cost thousands are $50-60, plus the cost of tweeters...
  19. AudioArchitech

I think Amir watched the video but missed some key words, he thinks that Danny is claiming they had tons of bass... He never claims they kill large speakers. I just watched the video, he says: "perfect for desktop, nearfield or a really small room" "play 80 Hz and up" Then said: "I even set...
Top Bottom