Search results

1. pablolie

Ultimate HiQuality CD plus K2 HD Pro Mastering Anyone?

I just got three collectionist CDs from Japan, and they all proudly declare that technology (see attached). I never heard of this stuff, and they sound like normal CDs to me... I have found the usual hype on the net, but any opinions in this forum?
  2. pablolie

Why can't we just ignore inane audio threads?

It makes me wonder. I am just curious about why audio discussions have this sticky ability to draw people in to rehash the exact same ritual debates. I have quit every other audio forum. But even here, the exact same debates exist, albeit now often focused on the last 1dB of Sinad or such. The...
  3. pablolie

A moment of appreciation for low budget systems in 2023...

We like to discuss the highest fidelity stuff and top sinad values etc... but we don't always have access to our audio shrines, right? I have to say, the quality and immersion you can achieve these days with very simple stuff is mind-blowing. I am away from home as we speak (much to my cat's...
  4. pablolie

Great music - but recording unfortunately is "meh"...

Does any of you have some favorite albums, because the music is outstanding, but the recording makes you think "I wish they'd mastered this better"? Two recent examples for me are Joe Sample's "Roles" from 1987, as well as the George Benson and Earl Klugh collaboration. Both to me sound...
  5. pablolie

Chrstine McVie...

...deserves her own audio thread. Best composer in Fleetwood Mac. I'd go with... She never lost her touch as a composer. Anthem. If you don't tear up - you're identified as an alien.
  6. pablolie

NAD 50 Anniversary C 3050

https://nadelectronics.com/product/c-3050-le-stereophonic-amplifier/ Very nice retro design externally, but loaded with features: Dirac, sub out, what I assume is very capable Hypex amplification inside, etc I am no a fan of wood, but it'd be barely visible where I'd put it. I'll mull it...
  7. pablolie

Post-Pandemic, Return-to-Office Systems

OK so we had our fun always working from home... :-) But here in California, the high-tech companies are increasingly asking their staff to return to the office 2-3 days a week. I am very lucky because for me it's totally optional - also, I switched jobs during the pandemic, and the company HQ...
  8. pablolie

Topping Reference System

Based on the stellar measurements of most of their equipment, I am curious and want to set up a Topping system. It *seems* my best match would the the LA90 for amplification and the DX7-Pro for DAC/Preamp/Headphone duties. Ideally I'd like to keep it to 2 boxes, but if there are any benefits by...
  9. pablolie

Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro Impressions

I just added these headphones to my stable, and after listening to them for one weekend (and as I am using them as we speak in my remote work rig) - I must say I am very pleased with them. On my stationary workstation, I have listened to them through the Audioengine D1 as well as Arcam rPAC...
  10. pablolie

The Truth about many "Audiophile" Piano Recordings

I listen to a lot of classical and jazz in general, so when I establish if something sounds "well", piano features very high on the things I'd listen to. As does percussion and human voice - and an entire classical ensemble, too (I do avoid the cannon shot in 1812, though, I think that's the...
  11. pablolie

NAD M23

https://nadelectronics.com/product/m23-stereo-power-amplifier/ Is Hypex obsolete now with Purifi taking over high end amplification?
  12. pablolie

NAD M23

https://nadelectronics.com/product/m23-stereo-power-amplifier/ Is Hypex obsolete now with Purifi Eigentakt taking over high end amplification? PS: I am being facetious. It's clear we've embarked on the law of diminishing returns and many are obsessed about micromessimal measurements that are...
  13. pablolie

Story Telling: 35 Year Audiophile Journey

I joined this forum not too long ago. I did take a break from audiophile philosophy discussions a few years back, tired of the flamewars that are characteristic. But when I accidentally found this site when looking for measurements on some gear, I liked the vibe of the exchanges here. Not that...
Top Bottom