Search results

1. J

Children safety and tower speakers vs. speaker stands

Natural selection. You can train them to keep their hands off or you can not. r/K selection at work. My four wild animals have been trained to leave the speakers alone.
  2. J

PAC LC-1 Passive Volume Control Review

-0.8db at 20khz. Inconsequential.
  3. J

How did software development become so hard (Windows)???

It tickles me that Amir is basically PC clueless
  4. J

Federal Express Rant

Fedex is just low budget UPS. At least your UPS drivers have been with the company for years before they ever got in a truck. Fedex will send out new drivers with no experience.
  5. J

Hearing Aids at Concerts

This is the future of live audio. Get used to it.
  6. J

Decor Friendly Kali Speakers?

I hope not. They won't sound as good. Kali needs to build their own brand on performance, not aesthetics.
  7. J

LP vs DAC: Wife Can't Tell the Difference

Jazz? To quote the zoomers, "Oof".
  8. J

Yes. Vinyl is around 12-bit audio. Any digital source should be capable of 15 or 16-bit. I know that you know vinyl has difficulty with low frequencies in particular..
  9. J

It's like they don't have to pretend to be interested like men are required to.
  10. J

Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review

Will the IN-8 cut it at 4 meters for home theater use? I'd rather buy an Aiyima amp or two for LP-8s if the powered version is going to be a limited by its inbuilt amp.
  11. J

What do you think the frequency response was like at her out of room listening position?
  12. J

It just means your wife isn't a critical listener.
  13. J

Extreme Snake Oil

Gold contacts were described as having more low end lol.
  14. J

Extreme Snake Oil

Just today I read that rhodium contacts sound different than gold contacts. Presumably the wire is made of pure silver for some other sonic benefit.
  15. J

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

Are they professionals or are they simply successful in the industry? Beats by Dre made a ton of money. Has Paul displayed professional competency or is he just making money? Idiots can make a lot of money too, especially if they're selling to other idiots. True believers who huff their own BS...
  16. J

Speaker recommendation in view of brand's cost cutting

Perhaps engineering departments have determined that it's a waste of money to build heavy, braced and damped cabinets with high quality crossovers. If the performance is there and the cut corners are inaudible, they're delivering a superior product at a lower price.
  17. J

Someone being wrong does not make them a liar. It's fairly simple. There have been many lies propagated throughout history and at the time these lies were widely accepted as truth by the uninformed. The unwashed masses are not liars for spreading what they were deceived by. They were simply...
  18. J

I genuinely want to hear more about the cable girth to pedophilia correlation.
  19. J

This is the same guy who says SINAD doesn't matter. I wonder what prompted him to say that.
  20. J

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

The best Pantera live performance online. Sounds truly excellent with headphones.
Top Bottom