Search results

1. NOROB

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

JBL Has them on sale this weekend for $199 per pair..
  2. NOROB

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Yes, this is how it identifies on my laptop running Windows 10
  3. NOROB

Help w finding a solution to convert wired speakers to wireless (via wifi stream) that works well with Roon?

Found an airport express that was tucked away in a closet here. I'm going to give that a try this weekend. I also found a (ahem) somewhat reasonably priced Chromecast Audio on EBay. Seller wanted $110 for "new, factory sealed", but I offered $80 and they accepted. So I'm going to try that...
  4. NOROB

LOL - yes, that definitely won't happen :-). Still, I'd have to think some EQ will help.
  5. NOROB

Understood. Part of the impetus for REW and the mic isn't so much the A-130's, since they sound really great right now. Rather, it is the main stereo in our living room. I've got a pair of standmount speakers that were made locally hear in New Orleans and purchased about 13 years ago...
  6. NOROB

Loaded them up in Roon and will give them a try. Thanks.
  7. NOROB

I'm just getting into this (not listening to music :), but the Science part of audio). I purchased these based, on Amir's analysis and review, for use as desktop speakers hooked up to the Loxjie A30. I've got to say, using the recommended EQ settings they sound fantastic. I was listening to...
  8. NOROB

Help w finding a solution to convert wired speakers to wireless (via wifi stream) that works well with Roon?

Not necessarily, I'll check it out. I thought I had read somewhere that Airport Express couldn't handle higher quality audio formats. Although that's not a major issue since this isn't for serious listening.
  9. NOROB

Thanks. Is the Pi with a DAC hat a DYI? I have no electrical skills whatsoever :-). I've seen ChromeCast Audio on Ebay, but they all want $125+, when I think the original device was more in the range of $30.
  10. NOROB

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. But I've searched the forums and am confused. I've got two pairs of Sierra Sound IN Studio powered Monitors (built-in 50w Amp and a picture of available inputs below. I bought about ten years ago aren't bad, although nothing compared to the JBL Stage...
  11. NOROB

Ignore Please (was Laptop w Passive Speakers - Component Volume Control or DSP Volume Control in Roon?)

I haven't figured out how to delete this thread, but please ignore. I found this, which covers the topic quite thoroughly. Apologies for the inconvenience. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-final-truth-about-dsp-volume-control-in-roon.23552/ Hi All: My desktop...
  12. NOROB

EQ Help with Polk Audio Monitor Series II: RM 3000 System (1996) Measurements?

I inherited a set Polk Audio speakers (ca. 1996) that I am using as a desktop system. I was able to find a HiFi Magazine review of the speakers, that included a verbal description of their test results here - http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/polk-audio-rm3000-574.html. To synopsize: The...
  13. NOROB

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

I've been using it with my Grado SR60's as well, and get some hiss when using the USB port (no noise when in speaker mode). I don't have a toslink on my pc, so I've had to unplug the USB and use Bluetooth if I want to use the headphones. A little bit of an inconvenience, but the bluetooth...
  14. NOROB

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Man! I just want to say THANK YOU! To Amir, and all of the people that put this site together, answer posts, do measurements, et al. I am just blown away by the information, and how much this site, and Floyd Toole's book, have helped to clear up so many questions that I had. Since joining...
  15. NOROB

Meta-Database: List of Audio Databases & Resources

Hi, I am brand new here, but is the google sheet database of reviews/measurements still active? When I click on the link it says that the file does not exist. I tried searching the site to see if there was a new link, but the one in this post was the only one I could find. Or is that by design...
Top Bottom