Search results

1. Krillin

Is the Dynaudio Contour 60 tube friendly?

Is the Dynaudio Contour 60 tube friendly and should it be on the 4 or 8 ohm taps? Measurements attached. I own these speakers and am debating a McIntosh tube amplifier.
  2. Krillin

NCore NC502MP or NCorex NCx500. Any audible difference to the human ear?

I have just sold my beloved McIntosh multichannel amplifier. I loved it but the mains voltage is so dirty anything with a Toroid transformer buzzes in my house. Next up on my priority list is to purchase a replacement amplifier for my front channels. The NCorex is clearly a the superior...
  3. Krillin

Two 12" dual opposed subwoofers or four 12-15" ported subwoofers

I am considering a high end AV processor with bass management for multiple subwoofers. Cost is a concern and $3,000 is ideal for subwoofers but I can stretch the budget a bit if on sale. From what I have read: Two subwoofers really smooth out a room and the ideal placement is midwall on...
  4. Krillin

Headphones - Dolby Atmos & DTS Headphone-X compatible convolver?

The filters sound great I recently purchased some convolution filters for the Sennheiser HD800 that I really enjoy. To my ears it seems smoother than Oratory's Equalizer APO 10-band EQ. The problem However, I have run into a snag. The FIR filters work great in Jriver WDM driver for stereo music...
  5. Krillin

Where are the Chinese phono cartridges? I'm tired of snake oil and ridiculous pricing

I'm so tired of snake oil and excessive prices for MM/MI/MC cartridges. Feels like price gouging, extortion and profiteering all rolled into one. Please explain to me how a cartridge costs $500+ to produce. Then on top of that a replacement MM stylus costs $576 for the Ortofon 2M black...
  6. Krillin

Dirac Live PC version - Active Crossovers

Does the PC version of Dirac Live allow for speaker crossovers? I can't find any mention of it in their User Manual other than subwoofer crossovers. I have a PC card that can output up to 16 channels with AES/EBU. Acourate has this capability however is much more complex. Would it be an...
Top Bottom