Search results

1. J

Car DSP or AMP

Please: What does “TOP” mean/stand for?
  2. J

Introducing the Denotiva DIY speakers!

Exciting to see progress being made. I know you have to juggle multiple responsibilities, and so appreciate your ongoing commitment to this!
  3. J

SB Acoustics Satori WO24TX-4 Driver review published on audioxpress, Anyone using it yet or plans to use?

That’s intriguing…. where have you heard this @Everett T ?
  4. J

My JBL LSR310S ate a pistachio. How to proceed?

Talk of a trained squirrel retrieving a nut reminded me of the story referenced in the link - a favorite story from my youth. In it, a genius mastermind criminal succeeds in escaping from an “escape proof” prison. He achieves that as the result of a very elaborate scheme in which (among many...
  5. J

Monolith by Monoprice M565C - reviews or measurements?

Thank you @someguyontheinternet, @staticV3, and @robertom !!! Ask the ASR hive mind and you too shall receive! @robertom or anyone - do you have a portable setup that allows filters/eq adjustments, and if so would you be so kind as to describe it?
  6. J

Monolith by Monoprice M565C - reviews or measurements?

I see that there's a brand new review (Thank you Amir!) for a different model Monoprice headphone. The one I'm interested in the less expensive M565C, which incidentally is a top recommendation on Wirecutter.com. The review of the M1570 doesn't bode well for the M565C - does anyone know of any...
  7. J

Back to basics capacitor question

Thanks to all for your help! Probably easy for you, and yet large scale help to me!
  8. J

Thanks! I see that resistors are also specified in Watts - I’m seeing from 1 Watt up to 100 Watts… What do you suggest? My amp is rated for 84 watts per channel @8ohms…
  9. J

Thank you. I’ve already learned plenty of other stuff the hard way so I’m happy to skip a lesson. Because my middle school electronics unit was 50+ years ago I have to ask : add the resistor to one of the wire leads of each capacitor? Like so? Also curious: what problem does the resistor prevent?
  10. J

I'm replacing the foam surrounds of the woofers in a vintage pair of speakers - Sound Dynamics 300ti. While I'm at it I thought I'd replace the crossover capacitors: Do I need to pay attention to the orientation / polarization (not sure of the correct term) when I install the new ones? Should...
  11. J

Forum Format Suggestion

I mostly look at the site on my iPhone - there is a page index at the bottom of each page of posts when I view ASR on a computer…
  12. J

Active bass module plans (for Directiva and more)

Ongoing thanks Rick! And did I miss something? (apologies if so) Is there a final design for r2?
  13. J

Forum Format Suggestion

Hello to all, and thanks for sharing your insights, kvetches, anecdotes, questions, etc! I think it would be helpful if another “menu” of the links to other pages within a multi-page thread was positioned at the top of each page, in addition to where it already appears now - at the bottom of...
  14. J

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

@TimVG - are you able and willing to say what your overall outlook is for D.2? Given setbacks are you planning to continue, or are you considering dropping it? If continue, is it possible for to say when you think the project will be completed?
  15. J

Thanks for the update! I’ve been following - like the old Dusty Springfield song : Wishin’ and Hopin’. I’ll admit that I’ve felt wisps of frustration, but when I do I remind myself of the physics metric that I invented: The Speed of Life. It’s profoundly slower than The Speed of Light - in fact...
  16. J

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Thank you for your (ongoing) work on the once and future Directiva!
  17. J

With hope that all involved are doing well, I wonder if there is any Directiva r2 news....
  18. J

How not to build a 2 way MEH.

Lurking acronym-deficient member asks what does MEH stand for. If H stands for horn do I get partial credit?
  19. J

Directiva r2 project: market requirements gathering

Hello all - Rick (or others) can you please give an update on where this project stands? Thank you for all of your work!
  20. J

Here's my space. What do you think of my (unusual?) ideas?

Thanks Young-Ho. The Ikea speaker idea is a perfect example of why it's helpful to ask the community - I would never have thought of that on my own! It's an intriguing idea. Also very affordable - I might try one out, and even if it didn't work in this room, I'm sure I can find another place...
Top Bottom