Search results

1. Zenairis

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

This, different driver designs and headphone designs change how the sound in ways that cannot be measured by the harmon curve. It's why I tell people you should test different things and find what you like best. If you buy something solely based off of measurements that doesn't mean that it...
  2. Zenairis

The A90D sounds more pronounced than the Oor. I found the Oor with the Hypsos more relaxed. still very detailed but more relaxed as far as sound goes. Now what I really want to see is the Holo Audio Bliss <_< that thing has my full attention right now.
  3. Zenairis

Just remember matching the curve doesn't actually mean the timbre will be the same. Each headphone will sound considerably different. I've had other neutral headphones that are close but not quite the Expanse or Stealth. Really the closest thing I've heard to them is the Susvara
  4. Zenairis

The point is people say the same thing about Nvidia's cards. Just the 10 series cost just over $2,000,000,000,000 in design. Now when you think of a card costing the consumer between $250~1000 going into that price range alone is minuscule. That's not including the materials, marketing, shipping...
  5. Zenairis

If you want to see the headphones and my impressions of them just hit me up on my twitch where I game with them. I can show either the Expanse or the Stealth (normally the Stealth because I prefer the timbre just slightly over the Expanse) My Twitch is the same as my name here.
  6. Zenairis

More bass, More depth. Details tend to run together more than the Stealth which is more separated.
  7. Zenairis

Well I decided to sell my Expanse. Hoping to get at least $3100 for it. I decided I like the Stealth more personal preference wise.
  8. Zenairis

This is not to flame merely stating the facts. It's not materials. It's paying people who've spent their years lives in and research to develop these kinds of devices. It would not exist without that fact, but my end comment to everyone is until you design and make it yourself you cannot...
  9. Zenairis

Something I've noticed between the two the Stealth sounds cleaner than the Expanse (this is with me A/B'ing them) or slightly more precise and I believe that likely has to do with the bump to the mid bass? or at least if I had to guess that's the cause. Now needless to say the Expanse...
  10. Zenairis

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

As a owner of both the Stealth and the Expanse I believe I can answer this. The Expanse sounds more natural as a open back the sound feels more wider but feels like it flows together ever so slightly, with the Stealth it is tighter, the sounds feel more isolated/separated (the background sounds...
  11. Zenairis

Considering my first set of test was on a Oor/Hypsos I would not say my test were a lack of amplification even if it wasn’t mentioned. You only have a few amps that push more than that without going speaker build. I just wasn’t a fan of the Oor so I sold it in favor of the A90D On the bright...
  12. Zenairis

EQing doesn't solve the limitations and design of the driver itself. Gentle meaning you can crank an amp up near the maximum and listen to it without having sore ears afterwards. I almost returned the Stealth initially over this reason. I have very sensitive ears as a result there's a number...
  13. Zenairis

It also has more distortion and doesn't sound remotely as spatially accurate. I'd take a Susvara over a HD800 any day and I would take the Expanse or even the Stealth over the Susvara. I'll say this, I was passionate about my Sennheisers when I owned them until I tried Hifiman's Arya, then the...
  14. Zenairis

A shame the V2 Arya wasn't in this list. Their sound stage is absurd and thus far the only headphone I've heard with large vertical sound stage. I would say the Stealth is above the Susvara (I haven't heard the Expanse yet but I'm hoping.) My Stealth sounds far wider than my Susvara, however I...
  15. Zenairis

Ok so I'm just going to tell all the "$4000 too much" people. The Stealth straight up kills the Susvara. There's not even a arguement there. The bass is better while maintaining a similar sound signature in almost the entire spectrum, the spatial sound and detail are ALL superior to the Susvara...
  16. Zenairis

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

This is hard to say they're very close to one another in terms of both tonality and performance with the power leaning more toward the A90D. I want to say there is some slight difference in transparency favoring the A90D but it's difficult to say I've only had my unit on for a hour. It feels...
  17. Zenairis

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

The real question is in these test was the A90 used in High gain or Medium gain vs the A90D's High/Low gain. Most people I know keep their A90 on medium. Where as if I'm using a power hungry set of cans like the Susvara it sounds the most lively on high imo but that's pushing the amp at it's...
  18. Zenairis

Amp for Susvara?

Or not, Just got a update that the shipping was delayed. So expect a update later this weekend
  19. Zenairis

Amp for Susvara?

It’s an incredible headphone even without being at it’s best. I’ll have my Ferrum Oor and Hypsos tomorrow so I’ll come back and comment about it. It still sounds incredible on the A90 even though it can’t push it to its best.
  20. Zenairis

Amp for Susvara?

There wasn't but I'm pointing out facts, there will be difference based on conductors, gauge and shielding. Yes though, another major factor that people do not take into account is the different gauge of wire, this coupled with different conductors do impact the sound signature because of the...
Top Bottom