Search results

1. 1niltothe

MiniDSP Flex - jerry rig to increase outputs?

Took ownership of MiniDSP Flex a couple of years ago and love it. Thinking of adding some extra monitors and wondering if the only way to do this is upgrade the MiniDSP to one with higher number of outputs. I know that the functionality on the digital side of things would be difficult to...
  2. 1niltothe

What might cause a bluetooth signal's latency to gradually increase during transmission?

Got a surround system that can connect via bluetooth, as well as a more conventional system. For various reasons have them running parallel, using DSP to delay the signal to conventional system in order to synchronise with the bluetooth to the milisecond. I have to admit I don't know much...
  3. 1niltothe

Waves Subalign plugin - how does it work? Is it legit?

Playing around with a weird setup that includes 2x monitors and 1x subwoofer spread very far apart (20 meters) coming out of an audio interface (no DSP options for timing offsets etc). Was having a go with Waves Subalign, can't figure out how it works exactly or whether it's legit. I feel like...
  4. 1niltothe

LG Soundbar - how to get side speakers to output audio from a stereo signal?

Have tried everything I can find, although there's not that much info about it as it seems mostly to be treated as a function within the LG app (i.e. if you select option X then it should work). It's a LG S95QR. Sound bar, sub and 2 side speakers. These output a test tone when checking for...
  5. 1niltothe

Is this podcast interview abusing their diffusers?

My first thought was that the two individuals have their mouths in the wrong place. The diffusers look pretty on camera, but won't be doing much diffusion.
  6. 1niltothe

Why might these high frequencies appear to null in REW?

Thank you. I took L and R separately and indeed the higher frequencies measure more evenly. I also added a subwoofer and moved things round a little bit. It looks now like some room modes are creating peaks lower down, apart from that not too bad to be honest. I'm not very experienced with...
  7. 1niltothe

Why might these high frequencies appear to null in REW?

I have put together a temporary setup in a large untreated room. Despite the very uneven response, it has certain advantages for music production, compared to my treated studio. I ran a REW measurement mostly out of curiosity. The low end came as no surprise, but I feel less confident with the...
  8. 1niltothe

Arcam rDAC missing its wireless rCUBE dongle. Any options for wireless listening?

Have a beautiful 2nd hand ARCAM rDAC. It's the wireless version but came without the Rwave USB dongle (or wireless antenna). As far as I can tell, these USB sticks are long since discontinued and hard to get hold of. I was wondering if there's anything else I can use to connect to the rDAC...
  9. 1niltothe

A probably stupid question about orchestral strings.

I tried early on with Dirac and some others, but I suppose the room was still facing too many 'hard' issues, and I found the results just sounded artificial. Perhaps I should try again now things are sorted out. I was hoping to do some FIR work via Audiolense, but from what I can tell the...
  10. 1niltothe

A probably stupid question about orchestral strings.

Over the last year I have been putting together and adjusting a listening room. With the help of this forum and various acoustic interventions, I have been able to hear increasing detail in recorded music across many genres. To fumble for words, many recordings have to my ear an awesome...
  11. 1niltothe

Quandry about MiniDSP Flex, Subpac and no signal being received.

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this? Specifications of the unit are here: https://subpac.com/subpac-s2/
  12. 1niltothe

Looking for an interface that can send separate signals to 2 monitors and 1 sub.

Thanks man. I'm sitting in here now having tinkered with MiniDSP Flex timing settings between 2 monitors and the sub. Man it just sounds so great, holographic. That's without even using REW yet to do it properly, just heuristic. Oof. It's true that after a while, latency would get in the way...
  13. 1niltothe

Looking for an interface that can send separate signals to 2 monitors and 1 sub.

Thank you both. I went ahead and ordered the MiniDSP Flex. I think on close inspection it may not be compatible with Audiolense XO, as the available taps are 4096. Audiolense seems to need an upper region around 65,000. I can't find a reference online for whether the RME Babyface would be...
  14. 1niltothe

Quandry about MiniDSP Flex, Subpac and no signal being received.

I'm sure it's something minor, but currently can't see what. Subpac connected via an audio jack to output 4 on MiniDSP Flex. No signal being received. I have tested the signal chain via laptop headphone port and it all works fine. The other 3 outputs (2 monitors and a subwoofer) all work...
  15. 1niltothe

Hi, I have 2x Neumann KH310 and an XLS200 Subwoofer. It's a small music studio. Ideally I'd like to be able to use Audiolense XO. Or just have some control over the separate signals. If money was no object I'd get a Lynx HILO. Is there any lower cost option for just a 2.1 output? I don't...
  16. 1niltothe

Null between 80 - 200Hz.

Hi. I have a pretty small room as a reference studio. Confession: I've set it up facing the long wall. Partly because the ceiling is raised, partly because of cupboards, windows and doors in the room. In terms of sound stage and general sound quality, it sounds a lot better than when I tried it...
  17. 1niltothe

Thoughts on an earning drive as an audio engineer / producer type?

Oops - Advancing Surgical Care ha ha :facepalm: My brain fart was ASC the acoustic science people, not that far off but still a howler
  18. 1niltothe

Thoughts on an earning drive as an audio engineer / producer type?

Hello, I think that quite a few ASR members are professionals in the audio industry, and was curious about how such people might go about bringing in more money. I started out a few years ago, getting jobs through friends. It's been fine for day to day living, but I realise I don't have much...
  19. 1niltothe

KEF Cresta 2 (LCR). What receiver might go well?

My friend got these 3 speakers from Ebay for £20. Are there any particular receivers that might suit them? The dream candidate is similar to the NAD 3020, i.e. reasonably priced, can be found 2nd hand, very musical. The eventual usage would be for doing rough mixes of audio (especially...
Top Bottom