Search results

1. Z

Why preamps or DACs really should have high pass filters

Are the ins and outs of the pfmod all rca?
  2. Z

Why preamps or DACs really should have high pass filters

How do you "rig up the headphone output for use as a line-out"?
  3. Z

WiiM Ultra

Usb out it has. Not a deal breaker for me but i can't understand why it doesn't have one. It's cheap, easy to implement and doesn't take much room.
  4. Z

WiiM Ultra

A coax in would be great to connect must cd transports (mine for example). This way, I'll definitely need an external dac. I hope it can high pass digital outs while still outting rom sub out. If not on release, with a future update so i can use all the features with my external dac. And cd...
  5. Z

New Wondom ADAU1701 DSP Unit

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a cheap way to add hpf and some peq solution to my system. I'm electronically dumb and no soldering here too. I'd need a simple plug and play solution with some tinkering available through software or easy appliable. Would the initial wondom box be suitable? or can...
  6. Z

FiiO KA17 filters

Thanks. I ask for this specifically as it was one of the major flaws pointed out in the peq section of fiio's app. Plus to me they are very handy if you just want to boost a frequency section. Like more precise tone controls i guess.
  7. Z

FiiO KA17 filters

Does peq allow for shelf filters?
  8. Z

MiniDSP Flex HTx Measurement (FW1.1.17 Update)

I think I'll wait for the wiim ultra. Maybe it's the solution for me. If they keep what they've been doing it'll be easy to use, not too expensive and will have the features i want. I just hope it can do hpf through digital outs as well so i can use it as a digital transport only and use the dac...
  9. Z

Hmm. i doubt it would make a difference. Minidsp is complex enough for me. Even if i know and understand what it is, i doubt i will know how to use it properly. It's really not high end use at all. I just want those two features i mentioned before. From what i understand camilladsp only works...
  10. Z

I really don't know what FIR is, so i guess not. :D
  11. Z

Hey everyone. Kind of a newbie here... I'm wanting to build a 2.2 system but would like to have bass management (hpf) and peq capabilities. I could do it with this unit but as i have no need for most of the other features that i don't even know how to use or what they are for i was wondering if...
  12. Z

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I like the psu aside, it's easier to just fix or replace with another one if something wrong happens. But i'm up for a stereo version. Maybe a za3 II that maintains the sub out and adds a selectable hpf. Something along the lines of what the Dayton Audio DTA.100 ST has on the back. That would be...
  13. Z

Budget Amp With High Pass Filter

not sure you can use them as monoblocks
  14. Z

WiiM Ultra

Yes, i'm sure with a bit of care it can last 8/10 years. But it's definitely the most fragile part of the unit. And i would like it if it could last 20 years instead :)
  15. Z

WiiM Ultra

I have the exact same concerns on running android based. That's why i haven't bought one. I have similar ones with this wiim regarding the touch screen though. doesn't seem much future proof to me. I much prefer to rely on a third party to run the thing or just having simple buttons and nothing...
  16. Z

WiiM Ultra

I don't have any of these Fiios but last time i checked it already had been updated to do that (bass management). Also i think you can use both digital and analog outputs at the same time so a win in my book. (one can use analog output to a sub and high pass to another dac). I'm pretty sure it...
  17. Z

WiiM Ultra

Fair enough :) When i mentioned everyone used some sort of exclusive mode i meant anyone who uses a pc as a source to a dac. (a good one. in the case it was a benchmark unit if i'm not mistaken). I alternate a lot between pc->usb/dac->headphones in desktop setup and streaming to speakers in...
  18. Z

WiiM Ultra

Again: Fiio r7/ r9 :)
  19. Z

WiiM Ultra

My experience is exactly the contrary. Never had issues with my pc as a source. Can't say the same for my smartphone with usb dac for example. At this level everyone uses some sort of exclusive mode i think, so no background sounds i'd say. R7/R9 are much more practical and take a lot less...
  20. Z

WiiM Ultra

Yes, i only saw your second post after posting mine. I get it.
Top Bottom