Search results

1. S

(Denon AVR-X3700H) Getting conflicting advice

Awesome - thanks for all the advice @Helicopter and @amper42 I think I'll go with just the x3700H for now :)
  2. S

Alright so when you're running ONLY your 4 internal/in-wall speakers (leaving your 4 externals off) you get some great volume out of them though? That's really all I want to be sure of - like you, we wouldn't be using the external speakers anywhere near as much as we'd use the internal 6...
  3. S

In the ideal setup, what AVR and dedicated Power Amp would you recommend without blowing the budget here? i.e. would I be getting an AVR as well as a Power Amp hooked up with it? And if so, based on what I'm trying to do here (with the 6 living room speakers and 2 outdoors) what AVR and Power...
  4. S

@Helicopter wow, JBL over B&W? I honestly thought the B&W's were pretty awesome based off all the amazing reviews online about it. I'm actually starting to now look at Denon AVR-X4300H because of it's built-in Alexa functionality as a nice little bonus. Still undecided. Thanks @amper42 I'm...
  5. S

Sorry to go back again, but I just wanted to be absolutely 100% sure about something before I move on from it - Whether I end up going with the B&W CCM382 or any other speaker, there's no reason why the AVR-X3700H couldn't power (or handle) 4 pairs of stereo speakers, right? I mean - again, not...
  6. S

I'll check in with the local stores to see if they carry Focal so I can try to listen to these bad boys. I'm a big fan of Focal - I put an entire Focal system into my old BMW 1 series and it sounded ridiculously better than any after-market system I'd ever listened to.
  7. S

Dang @amper42 you've got good taste - $1000 aussie dollars each per Revel F382Be speaker. This is where I'm honest and say I just don't have that kind of budget to spend - but to your point, at the rough price range of the B&W CCM382 (about $530 aussie for a pair) what would be a better choice...
  8. S

I like where your head's at, trust me :) I'd even be happy to invest in a single sub for that room, but from what the store guy was telling me, it'd be a waste of money for a room that big, and would be a shame because you'd have so many dead spots in that sized room
  9. S

Thanks @amper42 I'll look into the Focal's and the Monoprice options. Yeah look, the guy did tell me that without a dedicated Sub it'll never sound as good as it can - but just because of the large size of that living room (10500mm x 8000mm) one sub wouldn't be enough since there'd be so many...
  10. S

Legend - thank you :) Super helpful, thanks all!!
  11. S

Roger that - I'll continue doing my own reading then. Just for additional peace of mind, if I WERE to invest in a dedicated small amp to help carry the load of the 8 speakers, are there any inexpensive 2-4 channel amps you'd recommend to use off the 3700 pre-outs? Or again - not really worth...
  12. S

Awesome thanks @Chrispy I'm happy with that for now. Just out of my own curiosity, when you say "9 discrete amp channels" does that mean each channel effectively has its own dedicated power route/rail? i.e. they've all got their own "lanes" so to speak, and they're not hogging channels to "fry"...
  13. S

Yeah tbh I was hoping the Denon AVR-X3700H would allow me to hit two birds with one stone by handling: All 8 ceiling speakers (Living room: 6, Alfresco: 2) Give me multi-room support for either using one room at a time, or party mode altogether Optical from the living room TV HDMI input from...
  14. S

@Chrispy this is why I validate the advice with all you fine experts here ;) Correct, I'm not really after a "true surround sound experience" for these ceiling speakers in the living room and alfresco - I'll have a dedicated home theatre where I'll invest in a respectable 7.1.2 setup. I'd...
  15. S

Thanks @FrantzM I'm curious - what would that involve/require? Would I still need a dedicated AVR for Optical from the TV and other HDMI inputs to be used for that living room, and then have a dedicated SONOS receiver/unit specifically for the multi-room speaker solution?
  16. S

Thanks so much @Helicopter and @SKBubba for the really helpful replies! Sorry I should've been clearer with my explanation - the desire isn't to have a "proper" surround sound home theatre experience in this living room, it would be just what you said @SKBubba as using the 6 speakers in the...
  17. S

Hi folks, I've been getting some conflicting advice from home theatre stores locally in Australia, and I'm really hoping all of the experts in here can lend some guidance to help clear up the confusion I'm currently working through. For my new house build, I'm wanting to put 6 x 8 inch...
Top Bottom