Search results

1. Pugsly

How to level match/fast switch (required hardware?)

Hi All, So, I built a bottlehead crack with speedball, and have a JDS labs EL2 on hand. Fun build, but now I would like to be able to AB (or even ABX) test my two units against each other. I 'feel' like I might be able to hear some difference, but have very little faith in short-term audio...
  2. Pugsly

Yes, Virginia, well measuring amps and dacs do all sound the same! (Feat. DMS and JDS Labs)

Hi All, I ran across the following video and thought people might find it interesting and/or amusing In it, DMS who admits an appreciation for some more 'subjective' stuff like tube amplifiers and says that he claims to be able to hear the difference between some DACs and amplifiers...
  3. Pugsly

Interview w John Seaber- What do ppl think is next for JDS Labs?

Hey All, Early this morning (gotta love insomnia) I ran across the following interview with John Seaber of JDS Labs: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1AyuzSacbC7QjrSncWnOf7?si=Hl17tIV3QvezLrcNBI-Hjg&nd=1 Some key points of interest: (1) Amplifiers and DACS have reached the point where the...
  4. Pugsly

The root of audiophile myths (and how we fell for them)?

Hey all, I was wondering about how various myths began and became entrenched. Sheer placebo is not quite enough in some instances, it seems to me. Granted, I know that I, to admit my own failings, wanted to believe certain things 'made a difference' and was talked into some (thankfully...
  5. Pugsly

Is this as funny as I think it is?

Not sure if anyone had seen this, as I could not find it on a basic search, but yesterday I came across the following thread: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/dac-blind-test-series.7518/ In short, if I understand correctly, the claim is that objectivists are clearly wrong...
  6. Pugsly

Help with a power amplifier/preamp/receiver (especially for Subwoofer.)

Hi All, I recently built some subs to go with my powered speakers (and so I only need something to serve as a preamp/potentiometer above 100Hz) but need power for the Subs. My plan had been to use an old AVR, but when I used it for this purpose, the amp finally died (granted, it was an over 20...
  7. Pugsly

Challenge for Objectivists: Bottlehead crack emulation (w/ Sennheiser HD6XX)

Hi All, I would like to propose a challenge: Using freely available VST plugins, make a cheap but well designed ‘objectivist’ headphone amplifier (say JDS Atom, etc.) running a pair of HD 650/6XX sound identical the same headphones running on a Bottlehead Crack (no speedball edition), and...
Top Bottom