Search results

1. R

Sundara Stealth Magnet version on the books?

What does a 'stealth' magnet do compared to one that isn't?
  2. R

What (most) Chinese manufacturers don't get

Style ... or more to the point, continuity. In an effort to launch new products every 2 weeks, design is all over the place. It's not always bad, quite the opposite. They are capable of making good looking stuff but once they do, in an effort to 'improve' the next product due in a fortnight...
  3. R

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

I'd like to see what Wiim could do with a less constrained budget! A product with a $7 or 800 end user price. Include a superb headphone amplifier and upgraded amplification.
  4. R

Which open-backed headphone do you recommend out of the box? ie no EQ.

Imho most headphones, mine at least, benefit from some EQ, some more than others but all, without fail, sound substantially better with it even if the adjustments are relatively minor. Go without an you perhaps miss out on what your headphones can do. I can't recommend Roon enough, whether you...
  5. R

HD600 vs HD650

Surprised the 58X 'Jubilee' hasn't got a mention yet ...
  6. R

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

Over rated; Focal Utopia (latest edition) with Naim Atom Headphone Edition amplifier. Together approx £7000. Sounds like; £800. Looks like; £3000 Under rated; Meze Liric (on I can't remember amplification from £300 to £2500). Together from £2300 to £4500. Sounds like; £2300 to £3000. Looks...
  7. R

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

Don't forget the 58X Jubilee if you're on a budget.
  8. R

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

490 vs your modified 58X? Thank you
  9. R

New Sennheiser HD490 Pro

Sennheiser made these for the pro market. Whilst only time will tell I would make a calculated guess based on Sennheiser's design history that the 490's are exceptionally well built.
  10. R

Gaming Headphones Better Than Sundaras

Beyerdynamic DT900 ProX. I have the 700 ProX but had both here before committing. I also have the Sundara. Imho the 900 ProX betters the Sundara in soundstage and pin point accuracy.
  11. R

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

FiiO's K11 must be a serious contender for best low cost HP amplifier ... . It's also considerably cheaper in the UK/Europe after any taxes. Some insides; Fiio K11
  12. R

Hifiman Sundara + cables

Sorry but what ecactly is wrong with the original cable?
  13. R

The tale of 2 amps (subjective)

Its often the little differences that we pay a lot of money for. Diminishing returns set in. Having said that, its often these small differences, especially the bad ones, which, once heard, can't be unheard. Lack of bass control, harsh upper mids etc. It looks like you saved yourself quite a...
  14. R

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Just listening to Roon 44khz/24 bit (Tidal) Through MacBook USB out to Mojo and this time my lowly but lovely 58X Jubilee. Oh my. The warmth, clarity, impact and dynamics are so nice, it takes me to a New York Studio, September 17, 1962. High hats have an incredibly long reverb trail...
  15. R

Having had more time with the unit some more impressions; I am absolutely bowled over how much enjoyment this little item gives me. Its difficult to put a finger on what exactly it is that it does so well. Rob Watts has his own technical explanations but to be honest, they are going over my...
  16. R

Headphone Amp for Sundaras Around $500?

Using a Mojo 2 with my Sundara and others. No issue
  17. R

Just bought the Mojo2 and have been using it the last few days with different Headphones as well as a stint as main DAC in my system/s. Too early to say much about sound other than it seems superb but build quality is sublime and the 'Ball' implementation is both intuitive, very quickly and...
  18. R

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

What do folks expect with cheap crap like that. Just add to landfill sites. If you can afford £300 plus HP's spend a little on something decent.
  19. R

Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noire Amplifier?

My Beyer 700 ProX is preferable (to the Sundara) for 'musical enjoyment' for exactly that reason, percussive impact/slam/rhythm ... whatever you want to call it. Its just a little easier to sink into and drift away to sound. The Sundara is a nice Headphone too, a bit of a 'legend' and a keeper...
Top Bottom