Search results

1. O

Power management for best sound.

When I plug active monitors and dac straight to wall outlet sound is somehow better vs using extension cord. Same effect is seen in my plasma tv, from the wall outlet black is deeper and pic seems to be more ”right”. Maybe powercord cause voltage fluctuation etc. , I dont know. I have tried...
  2. O

Best sound from ipad, but why so clunky…

Hello. I have some 24 bit 96khz flac files in ipads hard drive. When i push one , ios open player window and play it. What is this built in player? Cant find any info about it. ( pic ). And it is very limited. Why I cant create playlists? Why it cant play next song automatically? I also have vlc...
  3. O

Why wireless still behind wired connection?

So I have chromecast audio device connected via optical cable to Rme adi fs. This should be bit perfect wifi connection from ipad playing qobuz. However, when I connect ipad to rme with usb cable there is extra finess and depht in soundstage. I would call it more accurate presentation. Why is...
  4. O

Whats up with this?…..perfect dac sounds inferior allthough math says otherwise..

So our perfect ( math) dac M400 in the video sounds clearly darker or should I say muffled than d400ex. Was up with this? Didn’t the numbers say there can’t be difference?
  5. O

SMSL SU8 vs. RME ADI2 (original from the year 2000)

Okay, so I have been using su8 couple of years. Today I took old rme from the closet which su8 replaced and compared them. Unbalanced out from both to 02 jds headamp. Akg k702 headphones. I was quite stunned. Rme was wider, deeper, there was more air between instruments, realism was better...
  6. O

Streaming audio android vs ios vs chromecast test.

Okey, made some tests if you are intrested, not scientific by any means so….moderators feel free to delete if needed. Setup: Yamaha hs8 active monitors, android phone oneplus 8, ipad air 2, chromecast audio. Dac: smsl su 8 v2. Usb from android phone (usb audio player pro) vs usb from ipad to...
  7. O

Is se out as good as balanced in Topping A90?

I have only normal se headphones so no need for balanced out. However, I have quality balanced cables I would like to use between dac and amp. So….is it worth to go with a90 if you use se out? Is it as wide and deep as balanced? Or …..is the sound the same in l30 if you only use se out? ( then...
  8. O

Chromecast audio vs usb

I was able to catch cca and finally wireless hi res streming was possible. Optical cable from cca to smsl su 8. Streaming gobuz from the phone, dac showed 96khz so it seemed to be all good. However……..when I connected same phone via usb to su 8 and played same song with usb audio player pro it...
  9. O

Hunt for bit perfection

Lately I have been thinking about bit perfection..couple of things arise..... 1) Do I degrade signal by using digital room eq? ( I assume it is not bit perfect after dsp......I understand it will overall sound better because of room fix, but in mathematical level.......is bit perfection...
  10. O

Cd vs streaming Tidal from android phone via usb

Okay, so this time we tested phone vs cd. Pioneer cd player was connected to cambridge audio azur 851N dac/dap With coaxial digital cable. Oneplus 8 android phone was connected via usb cable to same azur 851N. Tidal hifi was playing inside Usb audio player pro app. This app is able to deliver...
  11. O

Cd vs tidal hifi......

Hello, so we made some tests. Center piece was yamaha wxc-50 media box (or what you wanna call it), digital coax out from yamaha went to glm calibrated Genelec 8330 with Genelec sub. Wxc 50 has built in tidal that we controlled from ipad. So it should be wired connection. Cd player was last...
  12. O

Room eq idea for manufacturers...

Hi, Room eq scene seems to be quite messy....all kind of solutions but not really end it all type of solution with good price. So we need box with digital ins and outs, usb , optical , coaxial, and hd audio bluetooth..........this goes between your pc and dac ( usb, usb)......or between...
  13. O

Bluetooth receiver

Hi. Okey, so I have bt receiver connected to smsl su 8 via optical cable and I send tidal masters to it from my android phone Oneplus 8. Receiver is aptx capable but not aptx HD or LDAC. Su 8 shows 44.1khz all the time. Sound is great. However, I am little curious about HD and LDAC devices...
  14. O

Controlling remotely tidal playing in smartphone?

Is it really so that this is still not working? My android phone is connected via usb to dac (su-8). Working fine. I wanna keep cable short , so phone sits beside dac. I am on sofa. How do I change songs? Can i remotely do it with ipad? Come on tidal.....Is this working in amazon audio app or...
  15. O

Edifier s 3000 pro...what u think?

I have been eye balling these.....I don’t have them. I would like to know your opinion if you have them (or even if u dont have). There is youtube videos...sound is getting close to high end setups (in my ears at least) and the price is not. Also, if you have info about similar setups coming...
  16. O

Tidal master quality wireless?

So it seems that master quality Tidal is now on android and ios. Is it possible to stream that wirelesly from phone to dac? Maybe using this kind of receiver connected to dac.... https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/wireless-receiver/bluetooth-audio-receptor-50-aptx-hd-csr8675-to-spdif-p-13485.html
  17. O

Intrested about I2S format, worth it?

Hi, So I have been reading about I2S. It seems to be superior to usb, spdiff etc.. How to do it? Pci-e i2s card to pc-hdmi cable to dac with i2s and thats it? Also, there is usb to i2s boxes, is this worse solution cause data goes thru usb first? Thank you.
  18. O

What settings in win 10 sound device control panel for tidal mqa?

Ookey, hello.....so there you can choose 16bit or 24bit, then 44khz, 96khz and so on......does this even matter? I chose 24bit 96khz......i do software mqa in tidal cause my dac ain`thave it......smsl sanskrit pro.............now i heard that tidal mqa original file is actually 24bit...
Top Bottom