Search results

1. SKBubba

Tidal drops plus tier, includes it in the hifi tier for the same price

"Starting April 10, 2024, you will now get access to our music library in full lossless, HiRes FLAC, and Dolby Atmos sound for the same price you pay today of $10.99 (plus applicable sales tax)/month. This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by...
  2. SKBubba

Speakers from last century that you love

Original Large Advents, Klipsch Quartets. (Both updated/restored.)
  3. SKBubba

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Roon appears to be trying to be fair on their forum with regard to "allowing" the discussion, albeit with some moderation. On a thread complaining about Mytek delivery and fulfillment complaints, no less. It seems, though, that roon has a business interest in the BB2 product, because the only...
  4. SKBubba

Devil's Advocate

To me, just some old geezer who isn't an EE, it seems logical that there are lots of environmental sources/causes of noise and distortion. Some you can correct, some you can't. And there's a multiplier effect in the playback chain. If the source has x% of distortion, the amp has y% of...
  5. SKBubba

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Shots fired... https://community.roonlabs.com/t/mytek-brooklyn-bridge-ll-with-roon-is-it-ever-shipping/237967/114?u=skbubba
  6. SKBubba

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

The Nashville Tennessean newspaper hired a full time Taylor Swift reporter. They can barely cover state and local government. Anyway, I admire the Taylor Swift (tm) Brand, and I even like a couple of her songs.
  7. SKBubba

How people choose very expensive High-End speakers?

Set you goals a little higher and go for a Lexus LC. Plus, have $50k left for speakers! :)
  8. SKBubba

The meaning of life

9. SKBubba

Another Roon thread - do I need it?

Roon will do exactly that and a lot more. It can also incorporate and manage all your blueos roon ready and sonos devices, although I don't think it can sync between roon ready and sonos, but it doesn't sound like a priority for you. P.S. There is a monthly subscription option if you want to...
  10. SKBubba

Best speaker for low volume listening?

An amp with variable loudness, or avr with dynamic eq.
  11. SKBubba

Why do streaming audio players seem to be useless and overpriced bling to me?

I use a lenovo tiny pc hooked up via hdmi* to my avr/tv, playing files and tidal from an old retired/surplus server in another room using roon. Sometimes just use the native Tidal app. The lenovo tiny pc was about $400 at the time (pre-pandemic). They cost more now but there are plenty of...
  12. SKBubba

Vinyl ripping + audio interface advice

Take a look at Vinyl Studio software. It will dramatically reduce the time and effort involved.
  13. SKBubba

types of cast iron cookware

We have a cast iron skillet that my Mom gave me and her Mom gave her. It could be 100 years old. I'm afraid to use it for fear that I would ruin the seasoning.
  14. SKBubba

Help with vinyl ripping.

AT-120XUSB and Vinyl Studio. No fuss, no muss, Bob's your uncle.
  15. SKBubba

Stereophile Amplification Product of the Year

All that distortion magically enhances Duane Allman's sweet guitar on Elizabeth Reed, taking it to another level. (Might be too much for Dick Dale, though.)
  16. SKBubba

Is "HiRes" FLAC from Tidal really a thing ?

Roon statement here... https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-compatibility-with-new-tidal-hires-flac/246363/181?u=skbubba Audirvana statement here... https://community.audirvana.com/t/tidal-new-update-max-quality/38055/12 Wiim statement here...
  17. SKBubba

Is "HiRes" FLAC from Tidal really a thing ?

Roon, wiim, connect devices, other third-party apps have not been updated to support tidal max/flac. Tidal says later this year. Until then you will still get mqa all over the map, even basic hifi 16/44 tier.
Top Bottom