Search results

1. S

Subwoofer didn't help fixing null. What do? (not buying 2+ subs) (presonus sub8 vs kali lp6)

Dear scientists So in my hifi quest i've always had a problem with nulls. And always the same two... Specially one at 80hz and another at 55hz. Reading upon the subject i've now bought a subwoofer and i've spent the evening moving it around my desk (far left to it, left to it, under it, right...
  2. S

Eris E5 and Kali LP6 Data (in my room). Which data do you guys prefer :-)?

I recently upgraded my Eris E5 to the Kali LP6 which i am now turning back due to internal amp issue. However before sending back i made a simple REW meassure in my room. It's very quick and rough so probably not the most valid data, but for why not reasons here it goes: Or on top of eachother...
  3. S

Kali LP6 v2 speaker cone rattling/vibrating noise after low end notes (with sound example). Normal monitor behaviour?

Dear audio scientists I bought my LP6 v2 and was thoroughly impressed with the sound until i loaded up ableton and tried to record some bass. To my surprise when doing low end the cone/woofers make a sound of like aftershaking or vibrating after each bass note. Sort of like a papery rattling...
  4. S

Stereo Amp + Big Floorstanders or AVR + Subwoofer + Floorstanders/Bookshelfs.

Dear audioscientists I'm making this thread mostly to entertain what your ideas are of an ideal (budget) setup upgrade. My current rig consists of NAD c326bee amp, Mission 753 floorstanding speakers and a B&W ASW600 subwoofer. The system sounds pretty good however the current issues is: 1) I...
  5. S

High-pass in sub to satellites not working? Or am i stupid? (B&W ASW600 sub)

Dear audioscientists Today i tried experimenting with my 2.1 setup which consists of an B&W ASW600 subwoofer trying to get the bass settings correct. It looks like this: I just connect the sub by speaker wire from my amp, and the satellites through the sub. Anyways I found out to my big...
  6. S

Older hifi-speakers (Mission 753) vs. newer generations (polk r700)

Dear audioscientists I write cause i've considered upgrading my living room floorstanders for quite a while to another pair of passive floorstanders. Fact is that i've bought the Mission 753 + a subwoofer 5 years ago very cheap (maybe 200-300 bucks) and i've enjoyed them ever since although i...
  7. S

Adding older Hi-Fi Subwoofer to new Monitors (Neumann Kh80) in music studio?

Dear knowledgeable audiopeople Unfortunately because of pressure from my S.O. (which many of you might be familiar with) i'm too rearrange my living room 2.1 system at the same time i'm considering upgrading my studio monitors for my music studio. I've planned to upgrade my Presonus Eris E5 to...
Top Bottom