Search results

1. S

Kali IN5 or ADAM T7V or Focal Alpha 65 EVO?

better late than never. Thanks :)
  2. S

Hearing Detail - Speakers or Headphones?

It has a simple answer: Depends on your room unless you have a perfect room. Then i don't know. How close are the NDH30 and Audeze LCD-X tho? Which one you like the best?
  3. S

Subwoofer didn't help fixing null. What do? (not buying 2+ subs) (presonus sub8 vs kali lp6)

This actually fixed my problem. Also phase at 180. Genius! I simply set 2 EQ at the peaks with -10hz in my DAW and i'm satisfied. Simply as. Thanks for all the help you knowledgeable audiobros.
  4. S

Thoughts on Downsizing and Convenience

I just sold my whole setup and i'm buying 2x Apple Homepod 2 as soon as they get available in my country. this happens after i bought the airpod pro and was incredibly surprised by both the technology in the ANC as well as the music quality. It made me thinking that theres being made progress...
  5. S

Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) (2023)

Its insane. I am actually buying it with hopes of it removing my 2.1 system with a 10" sub (no dsp)... A 4" woofer doing -6db@30hz... I mean its just the future and technology improvement... I guess the lower SPL and no stereo will be a downside but for the simplicity its a risk i'm willing to...
  6. S

Neumann kh420 + kh750 dsp

not sure if the kh750 supports dsp'ing the kh420. If so the kh750 is a smart move. also kh420 goes down to 26hz +-3 dont know why you would want a sub for that.
  7. S

Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) (2023)

Anyone else who's planning to replace their mid tier hifi system with one (maybe two) of these? I have a pair of Mission 753, a mid nad amp and a b&w subwoofer in my living room. While the system is pretty great, i feel like the highs are a bit wild and theres too much room interaction and...
  8. S

Subwoofer didn't help fixing null. What do? (not buying 2+ subs) (presonus sub8 vs kali lp6)

Great. By ear a sine wave yields pretty similar results across the frequency spectrum. I think this is as flat as it gets before iterative EQ'ing which i need some more software for. Thanks knowledgeable gentlemen. I bow for your help and salute you for your interest and energy in helping out...
  9. S

Is this the case for studio monitors for mixing purposes (and not general listening). I mean in music mix-mastering isn't ruler flat the goal and not the harman curve?
  10. S

Understood. Amir (blessed be his name) only did the Eris 5 XT tho. But you are right! Indeed. Also i mean at 500hz+ the wavelengths are below 80cm/listening distance and if something happens near my table or i move around its just variability. Room treatment for this for sure. Still 80hz HPF...
  11. S

Okay so after experimentation i had very positive results. Specially with this advice. Check this out: When in corner, driver facing the corner, with 180* phase: When in the middle of the speakers, drivers facing the front wall (so subwoofer is reverse to me), with 180* phase on: To sum it...
  12. S

Thanks for the overwhelming amount of help. It's getting late and the bed is calling anyhow tomorrow I'll: 1) Move the sub along the wall with the driver facing 1/3 and 2/3 width directions. 2) Move the sub to a corner and try to see what happens. Hopefully less null and more eq cutting. 3)...
  13. S

It is placed under my desk In the middle of the mains. I tried in in about 8 different positions around the desk which either didn't help or helped a little but was noticeable that the 60-100hz bass was coming from a direction. The sub has a built in HPF and low frequency filter. the HPF is...
  14. S

The Kali LP6 goes down to 39hz... The sub8 to 30hz. And i have a big wide peak in my room at 104hz, 132hz and 174hz which is why the 100-170 is elavated and the <100 might look low volume. I thought that matching the volume of the sub to the kali response would be optimal given it should be...
  15. S

Dear scientists So in my hifi quest i've always had a problem with nulls. And always the same two... Specially one at 80hz and another at 55hz. Reading upon the subject i've now bought a subwoofer and i've spent the evening moving it around my desk (far left to it, left to it, under it, right...
  16. S

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

Anyone care to explain why a speaker with this great a review only gets a rating of 3.6? Judging from what i read from amirs review this should be the #1 cheap monitor buy, but the preference rating puts it way below adam, focal, kali etc.?
  17. S

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

Indeed. Great comments. Also makes sense the higher the frequency the smaller the wavelength. At 1000hz+ you're hearing the entire wavelength before it hits the room (speaking of anechoic).
  18. S

Thats not how math works. Ofcourse a zoomed chart reveals bigger visual representation between the speakers, but the numbers are absolute and the same. And this chart reveals a simple fact: that above 300hz there's rarely more than a 5 db difference except for a few dips. Edit: For anyone...
  19. S

Just the E5's basics. Bass roll-off from 60hz already.
  20. S

True. But maybe if the measured it would be too good to be true. Mine meassures against the kali lp6 like this: you can hear the difference in highs. However, from a technical standpoint everything is kinda within +-3 of eachother and they're still useable for sure.
Top Bottom