Search results

1. D

Worst Mixes in TV/Movies

I thought I was losing my mind watching For All Mankind last week. So many shows use space as a backdrop for gorgeous scoring and clean ADR lines, highlighting the empty vastness of noiseless void as a perfect contrast. So why does it sound like everyone’s voice is being recorded on my USB Dell...
  2. D

Ugh

I just came here to complain to people who understand. Had a plan for dual subs forever and it just seems to be getting further and further away. Here's a screenshot of the current price. I just want the supply chain madness to end so I can annoy my neighbors even more. The squeeze is so real...
  3. D

3D Modeling and Redesign of Enclosure

Hey all, I got covid this last week. Not a lot to do but 3D model. I have been seriously considering the baffle and bracing of my existing nearfield monitors. My goals this year are to learn CNC, and I hope for this to be my first finished project. Luckily, most pieces are also small enough to...
  4. D

Platin Plate Amplifiers

I wanted to share a recent exchange I had with the customer service department at Platin Gate, the manufacturer of Buchardt's plate amplifiers. I wanted to know what it would take to complete a project using their services, prices, and software availability. My hope was that I could install...
  5. D

SEAS Coaxial 3-Way Design Log

This thread will serve as my log for iterations of this project. I am sharing it publicly for reference and constructive criticism. I am not a speaker design expert, or an audiophile guru. I'm some nerd with irregular, long bursts of free time and a rabbit hole. Building speaker kits was very...
  6. D

Small Subwoofer Drivers in Tower Speaker

Hey all, I've been reading more and more about speaker design since I built my first set and I have an idea I'd hope to be able to execute in a few years. The 4" Tang Band midbass drivers I have on my desk are impressing the hell out of me with their low end. Tang Band clearly knows how to...
  7. D

Worthwhile Plate Amp Candidates<=100W

Hey all, I've been having fun with my recent DIY speakers, but I'm routinely disappointed with my hand-me-down, buzzy receiver or my distorted at high volume, no headroom desktop budget all-in-one amplifier. I like the way my buddy's JBL LSR305's are set up on the back, and as much as possible...
  8. D

Pandemic Builds

I started getting into DIY audio as a way to save money, pass time, learn more, and increase my daily quality of life at home during the pandemic. This was rewarding and enriching, I can't imagine I'm the only one who started for similar reasons. Who else caught the DIY bug after being stuck...
  9. D

General EQ advice

Hey all, longtime reader and first time poster. The objective nature of this forum is refreshing, to say the least. It's also turned me on to the idea of EQ'ing my nearfield monitors and headphones. For now, I haven't attempted to measure or correct room gain or reflections at all. Using...
Top Bottom