Search results

1. A

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

edit: Please don't sue me.
  2. A

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I don’t have to put them in my room, as I already own a pair of F208. ;) My brother has both KEF R5 and F208. He used to be happy with R5 until he listened to my speakers. This was measured in my untreated living room, at listening position (4m from the left speaker). The mic was pointing...
  3. A

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

F206: F208: Both are excellent. When it comes to subjective opinions, I have compared F208 and KEF R5 several times, and I think I know why some may find the KEF R series more appealing at first. The F208 is a more dynamic speaker, while the R5 sounds nice and ”polite” but a bit compressed...
  4. A

A Call For Humor!

5. A

A Call For Humor!

6. A

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I guess Eric will have to sue Stereophile / John Atkinson, even though he only measured the vertical response of the Tekton Moab Be down to 10 degrees below axis: https://www.stereophile.com/content/tekton-moab-be-loudspeaker-measurements...
  7. A

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

From the Stereophile review: We don't measure or aim for a certain target in-room response. We're not tuning to a 'curve.' We develop the best engineering platform we can, and then we tune it so that we, as a group, can forget that we're listening to a pair of speakers and just get on with...
  8. A

Measurement: The effect of a slow DAC filter on speaker distortion? (Marantz SR-7013, Revel C426Be)

I did a few preout measurements today. Soundcard: Asus Essence ST PCI (ASIO 24-bit 96 kHz) I used a 96 kHz 0-40000 Hz sweep and downsampled it for the 48 kHz test (to get 20 kHz bandwidth for the distortion measurements). Perhaps there's a better way to do it, but it didn't cause any issues...
  9. A

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Another DAC with a slow filter… This is what a recording of the speaker output looks like (48 kHz REW sweep, 0-20000 Hz, recorded at 192 kHz). Marantz SR-7013: A proper filter as a comparison (Denon AVR-4306):
  10. A

Measurement: The effect of a slow DAC filter on speaker distortion? (Marantz SR-7013, Revel C426Be)

Yep, I just couldn't accept the weird measurement results, so I kept on testing, and I've made some progress. I ended up resetting the receiver to factory defaults, and it got rid of the high THD, but the foldover remains (as expected with the slow DAC filter). The high THD was probably caused...
  11. A

I did a few recordings today, to find out if the distortion is audible on music, not just on test signals. I have attached two short clips. They were recorded using: SR-7013 Audiophonics MPA-M400ET amplifier Revel C426Be MiniDSP UMIK-2 The files were played back from a USB-stick in the...
  12. A

It does look a bit odd. This is the spectral view in Adobe Audition: 48 kHz sweep: 48 kHz sweep when using Denon AVR-4306 (Revel F208), recorded at 96 kHz: 48 kHz sweep when using SR-7013 (Revel M16), recorded at 96 kHz:
  13. A

It's probably using the same filter as SR-7015, measured by Amir: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/marantz-sr7015-8k-avr-review.16462/
  14. A

Thanks. I did the following measurements using that method (75 dB, 30 cm). The sweeps are attached as well. This time I'm using: Speaker: Revel M16 Amplifier: Rotel RB-1080 (24 years old) Mic: MiniDSP UMIK-2 REW V5.30.5 on a Macbook M1 Pro It's in the same room. I was just too lazy to connect...
  15. A

Exactly. Playing the 48 kHz sweep from a USB-stick in the Marantz generates the weird overtones that are absent when playing the 96 kHz sweep. I tried connecting the power amplifier to a Denon AVR-4306, and there was no audible distortion when playing the same 48 kHz sweep. I'll do some...
  16. A

The measurements were done in-room. I've measured several times with the same result, and the distortion at 48 kHz was audible as well (weird overtones). I measured at 75dB SPL, 30 cm from the tweeter. Equipment used: Receiver: Marantz SR-7013 Power amp: Audiophonics MPA-M400ET (Purifi)...
  17. A

A Call For Humor!

18. A

A Call For Humor!

19. A

Jamo Concert 8 in-room measurements

I did a few extra measurements today. The frequency response is quite even at 15 deg below the tweeter (30cm distance, with microphone between tweeter and midrange, like in the measurements above). The level is increased quite a bit when moving up, and at +15 deg there's also a dip at ~2.5 kHz...
Top Bottom