Search results

1. Albrecht47

Raw driver reviews with measurements?

Great website and measurement data you have there! Wish we could have a central database with everyone's measurements and be able to send drivers in for test as Amir does with eqiupment.
  2. Albrecht47

Klippel driver measurements are of course nice to have but I agree that posts here with on/off axis, T/S, THD etc. are also valuable. The challenge could be measurement setup and equipment consistency. For example, test wall dimensions, back side test baffle profile, measurement distance...
  3. Albrecht47

Good to know, thank you. Can you please provide a link? I searched his reviews and didn't find any of drivers. There is also no driver option in the Review Index drop down menu.
  4. Albrecht47

Very Nice Cheap Kit Speakers: HiVi/Swans DIY 2.2A & 3.1

Raw driver reviews with measurements. Let's make it happen! https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/raw-driver-reviews-with-measurements.24386/
  5. Albrecht47

Anyone else interested in seeing ASR add raw driver reviews with measurements? ASR already has the required equipment perhaps with the exception of a IEC baffle but that's an easy afternoon build. I think such objective reviews would be of great benefit to the DIY sector of the audio community.
  6. Albrecht47

The tweeters are of objectively poor quality and HiVi, like many poor quality manufacturers, pays for 5 star reviews.
  7. Albrecht47

I hadn't read any 3.1 reviews but now that you mention it, the review seems to confirm the lack of acoustic QC. 1) "without EQ, you may find the sound a bit annoying". That doesn't sound like a strong recommendation to me. 2) One speaker was measured. It would be informative to see...
  8. Albrecht47

Any chance you could post the measurements of your tweeters? I'm curious about how you define no variance.
  9. Albrecht47

Posted this as warning to DIY builders using HiVi drivers. Consultant to many speaker companies. I don't build kit speakers because I design my own.
  10. Albrecht47

Can A Scientist Tell Me Why My High End Speakers Sound Dramatically Better Crossed Over At 120hz?

OP, what order(slope) of XO are you using between your subs and speakers?
  11. Albrecht47

Below is a graph with the amplitude response of eight HiVi SD1.1A tweeters , seven from the same batch. Measured at 1M and mounted in a bookshelf speaker cabinet. Note the SPL difference at the 2KHz cursor position. That's a spread of 11.4dB. I will leave you to draw your own conclusion...
  12. Albrecht47

Polk Monitor 40 Series II Review (Speaker)

@amirm , as you may already know, the tweeter near field amplitude response measurement isn't entirely correct. Would it not be more meaningful and less confusing to delete the data below, in this case, 1400Hz?
Top Bottom