Search results

1. cheapmessiah

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

It makes me very happy that we finally have self contained PEQ in afordable dacs now, but I also feel this is the end of the line in R&D for DACs, of course some people will ask to get the PEQ on all inputs, which Im sure will come eventually, but this is it, DACs are now a fully developed...
  2. cheapmessiah

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Because to make them affordable, device users have to be the testers, having over the air firmware updates is the norm with shenzhen fast development style electronics. And also being first to market to be the manufacturer that creates saturation, and not to be the one to be pushed out of...
  3. cheapmessiah

Its probably been answered but reading the last pages I might have missed it, id the PEQ stored into the device, at least the one preset thats active?
  4. cheapmessiah

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Are the pads on the 800s flattened by wear or ageing?
  5. cheapmessiah

TOPPING DX9!

I agree, but I find it quite cowardly to point fingers at others opinions that are based on data and then, when confronted, retreating under the guise of "language differences" while at the same time shielding behind syntax. So you are both bad at the language but great at it?... Not to mention...
  6. cheapmessiah

TOPPING DX9!

You are deflecting the question, but worry not, I can put it in terms that satisfy your premise and still ask the same. What would be the sound qualities that a DACs measurements cant guarantee to be the same as from another DAC with equal measurements?
  7. cheapmessiah

TOPPING DX9!

Enlighten us, what are the differences in sound in DACs that measurements dont/cant show?
  8. cheapmessiah

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

Had to give a like to your post since you were quite detailed on it, but I was just using the opportunity to say ampflation :)
  9. cheapmessiah

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

The ampflation is getting out of hand!
  10. cheapmessiah

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Fair point, but regardless of that, the misticism of pairing the susvara with an amp that's expensive enough, regardless of it's power, it's a meme at this point.
  11. cheapmessiah

Who would've guess :cool::cool::cool:
  12. cheapmessiah

I would like to try the susvara some day, even though I know the tunning I might not like. To me this always seemed like a product for the chinese luxury item buyer, just make it expensive, add some gold, and you have a winner. Also a lot of people are going to come crying that you didnt have...
  13. cheapmessiah

Yeah, thats one other way, but unless im mistaken, we are talking about a DSP PEQ style solution in the D50III, where ideally we get 10 bands, with selectable filters, Qs and frequencies in each band.
  14. cheapmessiah

I was thinking about this too, on how to make PEQ foolproof for the end consumer, and i guess that if you apply a gain reduction equal to the maximum band gain you can apply, lets say you can add 10db per band so your PEQ module always sets the preamp gain to -10db so no matter what you do you...
  15. cheapmessiah

AES Paper Presentation on DAC Measurements (Video)

Great work Amir, very informative video as usual. To Amir and all the people who contibuted, contribute and will contribute in the future to endeavours like this, thank you all for making this hobby better and factual.
  16. cheapmessiah

The bump on round the 100-200hz is the DCA signature, I believe Dan has explained a couple times here and there why they implement it on purpose, but yeah in expanse it is quite a pronounced bump.
  17. cheapmessiah

Probably you are both right, decreasing 1k to 3k like hifiman does does create the psicoacoustic effect of making you believe you are in a non treated room that dampens some of the high mids, whereas having a slope in 1k to 3k that matches proper pina gain, like harman target curve does, helps...
  18. cheapmessiah

No, the bottom line is that a company doesnt look reputable associating with unethical partners, you using the services of those unethical partners or not does not chage the matter. In most developed countries false advertisement is illegal. And I'm not saying DCA is falsely advertising, but...
  19. cheapmessiah

Associating with reviewers is one thing, associating with those that incur in unethical behaviour is another, specially when they are known bad actors.
  20. cheapmessiah

I'm actually conflicted by the fact that these kinds of people get review units directly from manufacturers, I understand that running a business and maximizing profit not always go hand in hand with honesty, such is life, but I find it impossible to not frown uppon companies that associate with...
Top Bottom