Search results

1. J

Can’t choose an XLR cable

like I said, I completely misunderstood his response; wasn’t trying to be a dick
  2. J

sending you a DM now. Sorry I totally misunderstood that. Haha.
  3. J

I thought the link to the eBay ad was to buy them. Haha
  4. J

what size conductors do these have? I need 11 cables total.
  5. J

yeah, I am not spending blue jeans money, though. No chance. Haha
  6. J

so the audioblast should be a good choice, then.
  7. J

That’s just a braided fiber shield, not copper
  8. J

I can’t find any info on those at all...the big thing I loved about the audioblast cables is that they have braided copper outer shield. However, the cable matters ones have that AND the aluminum shield, as well.
  9. J

theyll strictly be used for interconnect between a marantz 7705 and my external amps for my 7.2.4 setup.
  10. J

So I’m looking to ditch my RCA’s and switch over to xlr but can’t decide on a cable to buy. My three choose are as follows -Cable matters premium xlr -GLS xlr patch cables -audioblast 3ft cables the price differences are negligible but I’d rather buy one set and not have to replace them.
  11. J

Is the marantz 7705 terrible?

that’s priceless. . I don’t know him THAT well. Hahaha. He’s adamant about 1300 though because he’s wanting to get the 8805 to jump up to 13 channels. Honestly though $1300 for a $2500 processor is not bad IMO.
  12. J

So, it’s not new. It’s a buddy of mine that wants to upgrade to the 8805 but his 7705 is in perfect condition in every way.
  13. J

so I actually found Amir’s review of denon 3500 which is basically the same as my 3400. Immediately, the sinad for the 7705 is TWENTY db higher so that in itself should be a huge improvement over my current setup....which already sounds incredible. The 2200’s reach max output at 1.7 volts on xlr...
  14. J

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

I’m actually generally curious as to why he insists on testing at 4volts instead of the 2.4 spec. IMO that does seem to be asking for unnecessary distortion.
  15. J

So I have the chance to buy a marantz 7705 preprocessor for $1300 to upgrade from my current denon 3400 which is showing it’s age a bit. I know that Amir said that the 7705 is all but absolute garbage, but in real world use, is it? I’ll have it running a 7.2.4 system in a 15X13X8 room. I have 2...
  16. J

Need help pricing an amp!

if I could get it for $350, I’d be THRILLED. Haha. I was going to pay $500 for that outlaw 5000. Ultimately I’ll need 8 channels of amplification by the time I upgrade to 7.2.4 within the next year so I’m just trying to somewhat future proof and love the sound of the outlaw amps; they just seem...
  17. J

Need help pricing an amp!

I found an outlaw 7125 7 channel amp for sale but I’m not sure what they’re worth these days. The amp is in perfect condition and everything works, but I do know that it’s old. I was thinking to offer the guy maybe $550-$600 and see where it goes. Was hoping someone on here would have a better...
  18. J

Outlaw 2200’s seem under driven by my denon.

so actually after re calibrating the system, I ended with +4.5 on the left and +4 on the right which I’m much more comfortable with
  19. J

i do eventually want to upgrade to a 7.2.4 system....but probably not until I get into a new house with the ability to have a truly dedicated room.
  20. J

oh no. I adamantly explained to them that I would not be paying to ship my unit out to get a repair that it doesn’t need: to solve an issue that they caused with faulty firmware. I’m just incredibly sensitive to high frequencies(and beginning to think partially deaf in my left ear...) so I...
Top Bottom