Search results

1. H

Balanced DAC without MQA - best performers?

Excellent thoughts. MQA isn't fully implemented across the industry, so what need is there for 0-15% of songs in that format? Also why are they included in so many dacs. This is now leading me to choose between D30 Pro and Ares II.
  2. H

Balanced DAC without MQA - best performers?

Denafrips Ares II seems to be the best choice DAC under $1k without MQA - $750 Then Topping D30 Pro for $400
  3. H

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Just had a look again on his videos, now I remember the review about Topping D10s dac. That's it, none others.
  4. H

Oh, I must have missed that when I was browsing his website. He then, doesn't have many chinese product reviews
  5. H

Interesting review, basically said it's the best dac under $1k. However Darko, only reviews the usual audiophile products - not these Chinese based companies - ie, topping, smsl, gustard etc. I still think this is one of the best value dacs at it's price range of $750.
  6. H

Amp Balanced vs Fully Balanced, real difference?

+1 to this. I watched this video earlier, to get a good understanding view about it. Now I know that balanced is all the power needed. Unless single ended has enough power to cover your phones. I do prefer full balanced.
  7. H

No audiophile equipment yet. My choice is starting off with HD660S headphones, A90 amp (confirmed my thoughts after watching unbalanced/balanced video from asr amirm), and I need a dac probably what from what I listed.
  8. H

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

What would be the perfect size dac for the A90 amp, similar price as well? SU-9, X16, D70s, Ares II. Looking to get my first amp and dac combo. Interested about the A90, and wondering about which dac suits it best.
  9. H

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Wow, what a nice explanation review. Good to see no mention of the ESS humb. A shame this DAC is out of my league, otherwise I'd jump to get it.
  10. H

This is was my first high end choice with A90 and D70s. I see, the problem is with the AKM fire, less chips and higher prices. Middle choice is for A30 Pro and D30 Pro. I do like the idea of a Topping stack. Prefer Topping amp, then a choice for the dac between topping, gustard, and the ares 2.
  11. H

I was thinking the Topping A90 would look decent alongside the Gustard X16.
  12. H

I'm going desktop headphone setup only. Like HD660s, Topping A90, Ares II (or other dac). Don't need BT, not bothered by MQA (for now), but they will be nice to have. Nice ideas, cheers. Thanks for the recommendation.
  13. H

Is the Ares II a good starter DAC if I have the money, or should I stick to Topping D30 Pro / Gustard X16, or even cheaper DACs, like the Topping D50s. Wondering about my options as I'm looking to start into audiophile digital music. Ares II vs Topping D70s? I'm thinking about this or the lower...
  14. H

Topping A30pro vs A90.

Nice comparison thoughts here. I'm in the same boat, as I'm looking to purchase a headphone amp. Looking at these two, along with the Singzer SA-1 which is $500 I prefer to have the A90 or the Singzer.
  15. H

Best "bang for the buck" DAC + AMP for $500?

Topping DX7 Pro is a very good amp dac combo
  16. H

Finally arrived - Gustard X16 DAC and Topping A90 headphone amp

I see. Still a noobie audiophile person at the moment. Nice to know it's a good stack I'm thinking about. I'm going to get HD 660S headset then the Topping stack. Purely for desktop computer use. Separate components needed as in a few months I am going to purchase a turntable, to listen to...
  17. H

Finally arrived - Gustard X16 DAC and Topping A90 headphone amp

Impressive stack, I wish I could afford something like that. I will be starting off smaller, probably with Topping stack: A30pro/D30pro.
  18. H

Audio from PC - budget $500, very newbie

I'm on Linux too, so I need more audio options. There is plenty of Linux options in this thread; https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/eq-software-for-windows-linux-macos-ios-ipados-and-android.18450/
Top Bottom