Search results

1. K

Quad 303 & Recovered Memories

Silicon Chip Jan 2024, page 92 has an article on restoring the Quad 303 and companion Quad 33 control unit. Unfortunately the web site does not give much information, but the article was justification enough to buy a copy. While reading about the restoration it triggered memories of my attempt...
  2. K

FLAC & SoX - Who will maintain the code?

My most important programs. There has been no development of FLAC for 5 years and SoX is over 7 years old. Are there forks that are more up to date?
  3. K

Rpi to Sabaj D5 via I2S

Talking to a Volumio user, I think it's a RPi4. I'm about to suggest using USB but a thought has just occurred to me. Where would the clock come from? I want to be sure I do not say the wrong thing. If the clock originates in the Pi it sort of defeats the purpose of I2S, at least in this...
  4. K

All Things Must Pass - Including the recording Industry

I just purchased the 50th anniversary edition, of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass. It is unlistenable. I do make copies of my CD's so I can stream them. This is Track1, CD1: It sounded like my amp was being overdriven; even at low volumes. Track 2 is worse but subjectively it did...
  5. K

Amp for Stax SR-5

Can anybody recommend an amp capable of putting out 30Vrms max into 20Ω? I have an old pair of Stax SR-5 with the SRD-7SB/MK2 adapter. Surprisingly they still work. The figures of 30Vrms max into 20Ω are a guess. I have not been able to find the nominal load impedance of the SRD7. In...
Top Bottom