Search results

1. Wicky

Interference with new KRK setup

Apologies, yes keyword "galvanic isolation" :)... USB filtering is not helpful
  2. Wicky

Interference with new KRK setup

Yes, also the products @staticV3 linked to in the post above.
  3. Wicky

Is there any amp/dac that is better than the RME ADI 2 DAC

The Crossfeed effect may sound "better" on certain recordings where the stereo effect is overdone, this comes out more in headphone rather than speaker listening. Typically found in some older recordings. Theory, if you are interested, here https://bs2b.sourceforge.net/
  4. Wicky

Is there any amp/dac that is better than the RME ADI 2 DAC

It is called "width" if you mean the feature that reduces stereo to mono through to inverting the stereo channels
  5. Wicky

Subjectivist’s rant debunked

Measurements and theory are scientific tools and therefore subject to error, misinterpretation, or at best, an over simplification or incomplete view of more complex underlying phenomena. They are however by far the best tools we have and certainly more trustworthy than individual subjective...
  6. Wicky

Phono: ADC-->DAC?

A nice clip explaining the ADI-2/4 Pro RIAA implementation here. If I were back in the vinyl world this would be on my shopping list!
  7. Wicky

RME Dac set up

One way to retain your sanity: run a bit test when connected through the HD2 and when not. If they both pass reject the hypothesis that the HD2 is improving the sound quality. See section 31.2 in the manual here: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2dac_e.pdf test files here...
  8. Wicky

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

The RMEs dynamic loudness feature increases the bass and treble when volume is lower to conform to psychoacoustic research conducted by Feltcher & Munson. They developed a series of curves in a set of experimentally determined graphs that show how loud a sound at one frequency must be in order...
  9. Wicky

Hidizs S9 PRO Measurements (DAC Dongle)

I purchased the adaptor Hidizs provided in their bundle with the S9, no problems with it in my experience.
  10. Wicky

Hidizs S9 PRO Measurements (DAC Dongle)

I have S9 (not pro), essentially the same device, just different chip (AKM vs ESS) as I understand. Works fine for me on iOS (with lightning adaptor), MacOS, and Windows 11. Not tried it on Android devices
  11. Wicky

Room Correction & DSD

As far as I understand it you'll need to convert DSD to PCM for manipulation in the digital domain. This would be preferable in terms of convienece cost, and functionality than trying to do this in the analogue domain. I will however defer to the experts here
  12. Wicky

Best way to upgrade my 2nd hand Linn system

I'm suggesting it *might* make an audible difference but only based on the poor measurements but the level of audibility here is debatable. I'd add one just to satisfy my physiological sense on unease :)
  13. Wicky

Best way to upgrade my 2nd hand Linn system

Agree with Mart68 replacing the speakers are going to provide the most difference. Personally I'd also go lossless for source but no need to go hi-res. You can do better with than the DAC in Chromecast by connecting it to another DAC but as a streamer it's more than competent, see...
Top Bottom