Search results

1. Denosaur22

Subwoofer JL Audio 113v2 vs 112v2 vs 110v2

Customer service after purchase is important. I learned that the hard way buying a Tesla. Love the vehicle, terrible customer support.
  2. Denosaur22

Sweetchaos' spreadsheet is amazing! I did not know this existed. Thank you for recommending and sharing.
  3. Denosaur22

This was very helpful. Thank you. We do have room correction. Dirac Live with the mini DSP Flex Balanced. It would be TRS to XLR. The subwoofer my brother is looking to sell me has a very minor crack in the external plastic casing. It's all cosmetic. No damage to internals. Works and sounds...
  4. Denosaur22

I am not familiar with Rythmik. How do they compare to JL Audio? I like the prices much better and could buy new, instead of used! I've read JL Audio subwoofers are smaller but were engineered to sound larger than their size (ie. 13in sounds like a comparable 15in). Is this true?
  5. Denosaur22

It probably won't be an exact one to one doubling in size by length/width. But it would be closer to that size than our current room.
  6. Denosaur22

He's willing to sell it to me for a really good price. A thousand or so. But it will be challenging to find a second for a good deal.
  7. Denosaur22

My brother is looking to sell me his JL Audio Fathom 112v2 and we would try to find a second one used. We were also considering a used pair of Fathom 110v2 and 113v2 from a reseller. Our current space is 155 inches by 116 inches by 96 inches (ceiling height). Though, our next space would be...
  8. Denosaur22

Omnidirectional Speakers and Room Acoustics/Treatment

I'm taking your advice. What are your thoughts about the 2x4HD vs DDRC-24 vs Flex? I assume with the 2x4 HD you connect it to a computer, do the calibration/EQ, set it and then forget it?
  9. Denosaur22

Well said. That's exactly why I'm here posting on the forum. I'm not ashamed to admit I know even less! It is all a bit confusing. It's a financial investment, for sure. I'd like to make a smart, informed decision if possible. Would DSP /calibration be a better initial investment?
  10. Denosaur22

Combination as in products that both simultaneously diffuse and absorb?
  11. Denosaur22

What would you do to the rest of the walls? Easy enough to make the wall behind it reflective (as it already is). Unfortunately, we have echo and the sound is not as clean or as tight as I think it could be. Probably from reflections and/or reverb? We can always do trial and error approach.
  12. Denosaur22

Any help is much appreciated! The reason we're looking at room acoustic treatment is that we are having some echo and want to tighten up the sound. I assume that's from reflections or reverberation.
  13. Denosaur22

That's a good idea. That was one of my next questions! Room EQ. With omnidirectional stereo speakers does it make a significant difference? Worth the investment? More than room acoustical treatment?
  14. Denosaur22

That's a good consideration. We are using it as a 2.0 surround system. The speakers puts out enough base. In fact, they have a three position switch on the back that allows you to adjust this based upon the room size. But it affects both the base and treble. Unfortunately we don't have a large...
  15. Denosaur22

We are using a Blu-ray DVD player, a gaming console, and a Chromecast for streaming content. We have all this connected to an AV receiver. And an amplifier connected via pre-outs.
  16. Denosaur22

I did not know that. Makes me feel better about our arrangement. We didn't really have an option here.
  17. Denosaur22

Yes. The speakers are along the long wall. Most of the recommendations/diagrams have the speakers placed along the short wall. Is that not right?
  18. Denosaur22

Are there unique considerations or recommendations that differ for omnidirectional stereo speakers that should be considered when performing room acoustical treatment? My understanding is bass frequencies would still require bass traps in the four corners of the room regardless of the type of...
  19. Denosaur22

Room Calibration/Correction for Stereo

Especially for how much we spent on the system. And all the time, energy, and effort we put into it! It sounds like we would be on the goal line without scoring a touchdown!
  20. Denosaur22

Room Calibration/Correction for Stereo

Thank you, everyone! Very helpful forum!
Top Bottom