Search results

1. H

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

I can only confirm that RP5 seems to produce no hiss. That was one of the reasons I picked up those, as I have them placed in the bedroom. In this very thread I can see people saying that their RP7 are dead silent, but also mentioning that other reviews talk about some noise coming from the...
  2. H

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I bought it on amazon.pl from ShenzenAudio, and then contacted them via Amazon as well.
  3. H

Similar to the second one, a bit better than the first one. Still the problem is fairly easy to reproduce. If it is something that annoys you I don't think asking for another unit will change much. For my last unit the volume knob produces a bit different click sounds, so maybe Topping changed...
  4. H

Is a 0.8 difference in dynamic range audible?

Too lazy to file a bug report, sorry ;-) Here is some data for one specific track: The log from TT DR Meter 1.4: ----------------------------------------------- Statistics for: 01. Suite-Pee.wav Number of Samples: 6698496 -----------------------------------------------...
  5. H

Review of the Dire Straits album Money For Nothing with comparison between CD, Cd remastered in 1996, streaming and vinyl of the new 2022 remastering

What is that software? I think I saw it on ASR some time ago but can't find it now. Did ABX (foobar, on headphones) - for vinyl vs the original CD got 12/16, for the original CD vs Qobuz got 16/16. There is some higher-frequency sound around 7s that made the second comparison rather easy and...
  6. H

I was curious about DR having values below 0 so I've tried to replicate what ffmpeg is doing by a piece of my own code. I used 'Suite-Pee' from System of a Down as it got DR: -1.83223... The algorithm calculates peak values for each of 3 seconds long chunks of the song. Then it takes the second...
  7. H

Looking a little bit more at the code I think that this ffmpeg DR meter tried to implement the algorithm as linked by @danadam but did not do it correctly. The negative values would happen if the (second) peak (most loud moment) of the file is much 'quieter' than the calculated RMS ('average...
  8. H

Thanks a lot. That page is from http://www.dynamicrange.de which I think came from Pleasurize Music Foundation, so the algorithm is probably the same as in (in)famous TT DR Meter (https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tt-dynamic-range-meter-by-pleasurize-music-foundation etc). I looked at the...
  9. H

Hey, I didn't know that ffmpeg has some kind of 'DR meter'. Thanks! ffmpeg -i Shellac/\(1994\)\ At\ Action\ Park/01.\ My\ Black\ Ass.flac -af drmeter -f null /dev/null [Parsed_drmeter_0 @ 0x55f4088f4140] Channel 1: DR: 13.1166 [Parsed_drmeter_0 @ 0x55f4088f4140] Channel 2: DR: 12.8521...
  10. H

HQplayer - do I need it?

Did you manage to do them?
  11. H

Hopefully it will stay that way for you. :) Mine gets back to being fine from time to time, especially after the device wakes up. But most of the time one segment is dead. I have the display turn off after 30 seconds, so it is not that this missing segment is constantly stabbing me in the eye...
  12. H

Unfortunately the quality of (some) used components / quality of control seems to be severely lacking here. Obviously all we know is based on information posted on this or other forums or other places. Topping is the only party that has a clear picture how many units were returned or how...
  13. H

You are right at least to some degree. But looking at the number of people reporting problems with the volume knob ignoring volume change I would call it a manufacturing defect at this point. Also switching output via double press of the knob is very unreliable - maybe it is something that could...
  14. H

Electronics for Audiophiles: Voltage and Current (Video)

Well, I never know if such videos or true or fake, or what is percentage of good answers (not shown here) to wrong answers. It is just anecdata at this point. And I'm pretty sure that similar video could be recorded about previous generations. Anyway, it is those previous generations that were...
  15. H

Did you learn (more) by reading/being taught about something or by trying to apply what you learn in practice? I was taught physics, biology, chemistry etc., hell, as I mentioned earlier the high school I attended was such that we should be somehow prepared to pursue EE carrier. It didn't...
  16. H

I watched the video once and now - since you promised to make more videos - I'm going through it again and making notes. Maybe this will be something that will finally push me into a proper understanding of audio reproduction. You talked a bit about a voltage source where you attached...
  17. H

I haven't watch that one yet but I think it's a great idea. Personally I know that I missing a lot in this area which is impeding my understanding of various topics. It should not be as in the high school we dabbled in multimeters, oscillopes, designed and built some simple amplifiers and so on...
  18. H

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

I gently patted my DX3 Pro+ a few times (though I'm still angry at Topping that they used a volume knob so prone to malfunctioning).
  19. H

As mentioned above it seems unfortunately that this a common problem with this device. I had the same issue - you can find more details starting from my past message (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-dx3-pro-review-dac-headphone-amp.27148/page-19#post-970233)...
Top Bottom