Search results

1. A

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

I think ill stick to my Topping D50. this out of my class!
  2. A

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

I’ve had a listen to a number of Pass Lab power amps, the ones I had in the house I’m sure had similar distortion figures, but some people like that!
  3. A

Kenwood L-08C Pre-amplifier Review (Vintage Audio, QuirkAudio restored)

Most “Vinyl lovers“ put up with all the points you mentioned! What’s worst is amplitude distortion that so audible that one owner I was having a GTG just dismissed! On the same track on digital, you doesn’t even get that audible distortion, no ”snap crackle pop” either. When you use...
  4. A

you wouldn’t have missed much, there Preamp was pure class A I believe and most of there power amps were Hitachi Mosfet implementation. I trialled them, the power amp were powerful for its time, the power supplies in them use to dim the lights when it was 1st switched on as they had no...
  5. A

Yes they are ball bearings, probably not critical in this application but I would use bearings with a seal that isolate it from dust. Today, I doubt if you can buy ball bearings without a cover! However I never tried! All ball bearings that I replace all comes with seals on both sides. Thanks...
  6. A

They were beautifully made too, had that military precision quality.
  7. A

MOSFET power amplifier with error correction

If you’re into Lateral Hitachi Mosfets, AEM6000 (Australia Electronic Monthly) that’s now Silicon Chip was designed by a bloke who I believe was a university mathematician name David Tilbrook. I built some of those ETI DIY designs, they had a very edgy unrefined SQ, the AEM 6000 was in a...
  8. A

JBL SA600 Vintage Amplifier Review

Be interesting if the power supply was compared to restored with the original capacity electrolytic value caps and that normal standard power diodes are used. Using diodes that are fast has no benefits as it’s electrical characteristics are different and some exhibit extremely high reverse...
  9. A

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

Tell me what drugs he’s on so I can trial it out!
  10. A

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

im going to say that you can do certain test and measurements on those 2 containers of water. You can measure the PH levels in each bottle to determined acidity and the alkaline concentration You can scan for different chemicals you can also scan for microorganisms All this will determined...
  11. A

Electronics for Audiophiles: Voltage and Current (Video)

Well done on another explanation on basic Ohms law and power supplies. I’m glad you mentioned that amplifiers are basically whats referred to as a voltage source, this is super important to all the claims on another forum claiming that amplifier designers have no idea due to the impedance...
  12. A

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I just had a Sony WH1000 MX3 return from my daughter as a Xmas present I gave her. She now uses a Wireless Technika, have to say being cordless streaming from an iphone7 doesn’t have me wanting, initially I thought the bass was overwhelming that effects clarity. Takes some time to get use...
  13. A

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

That cable should not be sold or bought, the sleeve is a fire waiting to happen. At work, the products I work on have brackets to ensure that the mains connection is secured and do not fall out causing bad connections to heat up, but that’s on the other end where it plugs into the equipment...
  14. A

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Can’t have expensive power cords in the house
  15. A

Dyson "air purifying" headphones?!?!?!

I reckon the $75 Kmart is super value for the money. https://www.kmart.com.au/product/2200w-bagless-vacuum-42722847/?region_id=300001&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_4-SBhCgARIsAAlegrWXM9BgysITxenO_7DYHWtgoZ29W7CkqmO71uhxUW1RLn7f1Oi_0bcaAvLOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  16. A

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

Great review @Amir, I’m going to use this as reference to not buy valve gear…..ever!
  17. A

TotalDAC USB cable/filter - Teardown

I actually read some threads for laughs, audiograde ethernet cables and digital switches where they pay thousands for that are rejigged standard products from Netgear etc etc with similar filters and linear PSU, as one saids, if you believe and convinced you hear the difference you will!
  18. A

I don’t have any of that sophistication, all I have is a typical hand held soldering iron……and it works very well! But in saying that, there are some who do point to point without a circuit pcb with components floating in mid air……and sell there craft to audiophools that are into that stuff!
  19. A

9 Me, on the grounds of personal R &D, but I would never market or sell my constructions
Top Bottom