Search results

1. S

New Shangling looks pretty bad ass!

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-korg-nutube-ha-kit-headphone-amp.6401
  2. S

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Basic calculations of spec values I had a question about how to convert In between Vrms and dBu etc... the expert @staticV3 helped me, but it can be good if we have a FAQ for newbies like me...
  3. S

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Geographical perspective?
  4. S

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

@VintageFlanker I wonder if somebody has pointed out from your picture of the starting post already, but I don't think the Greenland is a part of Northern America.
  5. S

Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver Review

@Bernard23 I learnt a similar topic about YPAO etc at different thread: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/yamaha-r-n1000-a-vs-r-n800a.45398/
  6. S

Korg Nu-1 DAC/ADC, phono amp, and nu:tube? amplifier

Thanks @staticV3 for response. I wasn't sure how to calculate these numbers. Appreciate it!
  7. S

Korg Nu-1 DAC/ADC, phono amp, and nu:tube? amplifier

I have purchased a DAC/ADC, etc multi purpose amp Korg nu-1 (JDM). I also have a down step transformer for 100V to US 120V conversation. I would like to use this together with my power amplifier, Rotel 1582mk2. However, I have come up w one question. This equipment has XLR...
  8. S

Seek an advice from expert for improvement of bass

@Apesbrain thank you for the explanation,
  9. S

Thanks for all the helps. It's a fun to measure, adjust and feel the difference. @Apesbrain I have a question for your "ps" comment. Does the 'overdrive' happen if I put miniDsp in between source (CD, LP etc) and amplifier (Rotel)? Or using Rotel pre out as a source for miniDsp? (I don't have...
  10. S

Now I have measured treble control for negative (0 to -10) as suggested by @ZolaIII I choose tone control bass+3 and treble-5 (red, no.6 in legend) for now. Let me spend weekend with this. I do envy others... watching for subwoofer and miniDSP web page in parallel :cool: Thanks experts for...
  11. S

@Chrispy : let me correct my typo first: it says tone enabled then choose bass+3. Rotel A11 recently released mkII, but manual for A11 Tribute is here: https://rotel.com/sites/default/files/product/manuals/a11_tribute_om_en.pdf SO, precisely, I choose 'enabled' mode and put bass+3. thank you...
  12. S

@Chrispy yes. it says tone enabled then choose bass +3.
  13. S

Now I had a time to come back. But I realize I cannot re-layout my position as @Keith_W suggested. I haven't put on a drawing, but I have a sofa in my listening position, then I cannot move it there. It is hard to *optimize* whole of my life style to the audio in reality ... ;-) Anyway, I can do...
  14. S

Thank you for comments and suggestions. Sort of practice are needed to get more precise measurements. Since I put a mic on a chair, it must not be an equal level with speaker's height. I will check mic position and direction, and level with speakers. Here is a rough/awful drawing of the room...
  15. S

Hello again, Now I have settled into the new loc, then I did a measurement. My current room is a hardwood floor, which may be a positive impact for me ( it was a concrete/laminate before). However, the room becomes small, and non square shape. (A right side is close to the wall ~30cm/12ft. A...
  16. S

Thanks all. Like us, people in ASR, "measure 1st, then learn from the objective data" is quite reasonable:). Then I have UMIK-1 and REW in a laptop already. I forgot I used two years ago when I came to the current location. Maybe I am amazed some new shiny stuff could be attractive magically...
  17. S

Hello , I am seeking an advice from people here for how I could *upgrade* my setup. current setup - amplifier: Rotel A11 - speaker: Revel Performa3 M105 with Revel stands my goal - I feel a bass sound is weak. I feel more Contrabass, yet I shall understand this is because I am using...
  18. S

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Well..."One man's trash is another man's treasure."... I rolled a dice and bought d300 today, because it is discounted (^^).
  19. S

Monoprice Blackbird Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

@Eric Geer thank you for your response and explanation. I would not break any patent, including yours. If I use HDMI extractor to extract PCM, or if I choose a device only extracts and converts to PCM (i.e. recent minidsp flex), I may not break. The one I use sounds risky for me to use. I...
  20. S

Monoprice Blackbird Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

@Eric Geer since I always have a question about D.BoB. could you please answer as an inventor? (what a nice opportunity to ask :)) I am using a non-brand made in China extractor as I described, and it works nicely with a bit of issue (interference with other equipment via DAC). In fact, I see...
Top Bottom