Search results

1. S

First time Genelec owner watches Pixar's "Soul", is mesmerized.

I recently replaced my defective early 1990s NHT SuperZeros with Genelec 8341a (backed by a KEF KC62 subwoofer), but was too busy to spend much time listening to them. Tonight I started watching "Soul" with my daughter and just lost myself because it sounded so good to me. It was just a random...
  2. S

Connecting multiple amplifiers to one input

I'm using a Y-adapter from the headphone jack of my iMac Pro to my powered main speakers (Genelec 8341a) and a subwoofer (KEF KC62). As I understand it, modern devices don't draw much current. I'm not detecting any ill effect from this, but I could be missing something. For my Sennheiser...
  3. S

exploring why my NHT SuperZeros don't sound great

I've ordered better speakers to replace these 1991 SuperZeros. But I would still like to learn how to understand these measurements. The lack of bass in the SuperZeros (with the subwoofer off) is much more evident from listening than it would seem from these graphs. In this graph I'm...
  4. S

Mate digital main speakers (Genelec 8341a) with analog subwoofer (KEF KC62)?

Source device is an iMac Pro with USB-A and USB-C ports. I already own a KEF KC62 subwoofer that has stereo line-level (analog) RCA output jacks to high-pass the signal to main amplifier and speakers. I'm on the verge of buying a pair of Genelec 8341a. I noticed the 8341a has a digital output...
  5. S

Buy active speakers online today, or local a month from now?

The Seattle-area Genelec dealer Lift AV is out of stock on 8331a for a month. They're available from an online dealer immediately. I haven't had any problems with passive speakers, but with expensive active speakers I'm more worried about something going wrong and needing dealer support. But...
  6. S

Is the Genelec 8331a the best small speaker available? (was: Adam T5V)

I'm more constrained by space than cost. I see that the Adam T5V measures reasonably well and did well in Amir's subjective evaluation, though he had to bring down the highs. If we're not worried about price, is there another speaker of similar size that does even better? For background, I...
Top Bottom