Search results

1. S

Off Grid Solar Question

Thank you. Excellent article.
  2. S

Off Grid Solar Question

Hi there. I have a question a about power signals. Would an off grid solar system provide cleaner or noisier power than from the grid? I would of thought cleaner as it's a closed system. But what about the inverter?
  3. S

Help with system setup.

Thank you. That looks like it will do the trick at less than half the price. Would using the digital out to my Gustard bypass the internal DAC?
  4. S

Help with system setup.

Heya folks. I have set up a system to stream Tidal. It consists of an Amazon tablet HD10+ via USB to a Gustard X16 DAC which in turn goes into a Willsenton R8 amp. Getting up every time I want to change a track is a pain so I would like to control Tidal from my smartphone but without losing...
  5. S

High measuring dongle DAC?

I very nearly bought both the Onyx and the S9 Pro, both were very high on my list. I have heard nothing but good things about the S9 Pro, but I use Tidal as a streaming service so its not having MQA was an issue. I noted the price drop on the Onyx, it makes that a real bargain. I have since...
  6. S

Willsenton R8

Plus 1 for Thofi reply. I always went with solid state and enjoyed my Cyrus Mission 2 for many years. But recently I decided to try a valve amp and after much research I decided on the Willsenton R8 with the basic KT88's . It seemed to be the best option without spending money I don't have. I...
  7. S

Dared MP 5BT Valve Speaker/Headphone Amp or better alternative?

I am a layman in terms of electronics, so I have not opened my unit. Though I have replaced the original 6N1 and 6N2 valves with some Russian military 6N1P-ev/6N2P-ev and there was a definite improvement to the soundstage and instrument separation even to my old ears. The person you should ask...
  8. S

Xbox Series X Questions.

Thank you. I thought Toslink/optical maxed out at 16bit. If it can carry 24bit then I don`t really have an issue. I will just use Toslink from the Digital Out of my TV to my DAC and save the bother of an extractor. I think my TV has settings for the Digital OUT in the options.
  9. S

Xbox Series X Questions.

Heya Folks, I have a couple of questions about the Xbox Series X. I was planning to install it into my system as a CD/DVD/Blu-ray transport. From what I understand there is no optical out on the new Xbox Series X only HDMI and USB. My Gustard X16 DAC has an IIs connector which looks like HDMI...
  10. S

Headphone Amp to pair with Gustard X16. Any recommendations?

Yes, I ment the Magnius not the Modius. I thought the Asgard was an amp though.
  11. S

Headphone Amp to pair with Gustard X16. Any recommendations?

I ended up going with the Gustard H16 as it has Preamp out, uses the same remote and is a match for the X16. As you noted the differences between all their measurements would probably not be noticeable to my ear and all would provide more than sufficient amplification for any of my headphones so...
  12. S

Has anyone tried the Audirect Beam 3 Plus?

Heya Folks, I was wondering if anyone out there has tried the Audirect Beam 3 Plus? The Beam 2 got pretty good reviews here with regard to measurements and the features seem similar to the Fiio BTR5. If they have managed to get in all those features and produced something that sounds and...
  13. S

Thanks. The Hidizs S9 Pro seems to be the best of the bunch overall and at a reasonable price when compared to the likes of the Dragonflys and Mojos. I might well give it a go.
  14. S

Heya Folks, I have now tried a selection of dongle DAC's. Ifi Hip DAC, Great power but constant hissing even on low sensitivity. EarMen Eagle, Plenty of power but some distortion at higher output levels. HiBy FC3, Limited power though DAC seems clear. Non quite live up to expectations, or hype...
  15. S

Gustard H16 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Speaking of balanced cables. Am I better off with 4.4mm or XLR? Does it matter output wise or is it just convenience?
  16. S

Thanks All! I will be going with the H16 when the sales start tomorrow. Being able to use as a preamp for my system is excellent and the fact that it uses the same remote as the DAC is a bonus. I don`t think I will have any difficulty driving anything I currently own and I always knew I would...
  17. S

The remote is a nice addition as it functions for both amp and DAC, though not essential. As for balanced. to date I have only one balanced cable, a 4.4mm IEM cable on my Spring 2`s, I use for my Ifi Hip DAC. But I`m sure I will go down that road once I have the option. I just won`t be able to...
  18. S

Ahh did not realise that. Saw the RCA and Balanced out and thought it was. Score 1 for the H16 then. Thanks.
  19. S

I'm trying to decide between the Gustard H16 and the Topping A30 Pro to go with my Gustard X16. From what I have read the A30 Pro measured better and is £30 cheaper in the sales. But how would it pair with the X16? And would my old ears notice the difference anyway? Has anyone has tried the...
Top Bottom