Search results

1. P

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Really appreciate all the informative responses, I've been in a lot of quite different forums but I really enjoy the non-toxicity here and the will to explain things. Read it, quite interesting: "The 48kHz internal sampling rate might sound limiting in today’s world, but Neumann explain that...
  2. P

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

I don't want to be too spoiled but why is the digital path of the KH 150 limited by: No, I'm not hearing any difference between 96 & 48 kHz but why don't they use a better DAC than that in such a high-end monitor? :) What is the difference between the "Digital internal sampling rate" and the...
  3. P

Can a subwoofer IN/OUT degrade audio quality of the speakers?

Thank you guys, great and informative answers! Maybe too sensitive but in that case I will try to get a solution with a fitting DAC. First research leads me to the following products: - miniDSP Flex TRS - MOTU UltraLite-mk5
  4. P

Can a subwoofer IN/OUT degrade audio quality of the speakers?

Hello there, just wondering, I'm currently planning to buy a sub. Also I will get more expensive studio monitors, currently still deciding between Genelec and Neumann. Yesterday I spent some time on audio shops and read some reviews regarding subwoofers, mainly on Thomann. I can't name the...
  5. P

Sabaj A30a announced

@Toku Thank you very much for the explanation! So your subjective impression is that the DAC is doing a great job. Would be great to know what SMSL/Sabaj (sister companies?) have to say about the process, is there any official member from SMSL on this forum? If not, I could write an Email to...
  6. P

Sabaj A30a announced

Hello everyone, I just read the whole 13 pages and tried to understand most of it, I am a non-expert, so excuse me. I'm really interested in this unit but I would like to get the whole "spectrum" of sample rates if I use it. As you stated @Toku, maybe I understood it wrong, the A30a says on...
  7. P

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Thanks for the enlightenment guys! Not that i would own any of the 3 products but it was just a random thought when I read about the KEFs and I had to get an answer. :)
  8. P

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

I have a question, just out of curiosity, regarding the D10s (RCA) or this D10b. If somebody uses the KEF LS50 Wireless II and doesn't want to use wireless but Optical In&Out and additionaly wants to use an active subwoofer, let's say an ADAM Sub 7 (with RCA and balanced inputs). Would the...
  9. P

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Would like to know the same, which balanced out would be the better one, MOTU M2 or the ID14 MKII? Which headphone out measures better?
  10. P

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

Maybe a stupid question, but why didn't amirm find this kind of problem in his testings (e.g. SU-9)? I think there are also a lot of newbies who just read the first page and will buy the product because of its great results. On the other hand, I read this device performance in the range of a...
  11. P

DACs with display | Equalizer APO, WASAPI/ASIO & bit/kHz-perfect, is there a way?

Thanks for the great instructions! I had to return my current DAC but I will try it as soon as it's back, highly appreciated!
  12. P

DACs with display | Equalizer APO, WASAPI/ASIO & bit/kHz-perfect, is there a way?

Thanks, I installed it, what would be the right configuration? - Set the output in foobar on ASIO USB DAC or ASIO Voicemeter? - which settings do I have to use in the program? EDIT I figured it out myself but it doesn't work. If I choose Output: ASIO: Voicemeter in foobar, I get an error...
  13. P

Hi everyone, in the last weeks I read quite a few times questions about a solution when using Equalizer APO and a DAC (mainly Topping and other brands, e.g. D10 or D30 Pro, Loxjie D30 and so on) and the correct indication on the display (automatic switches of the bitrate and kHz dependent on...
  14. P

RCA-splitter / Y-Adapter, do they degrade sound quality?

Sorry, one more mini question. I already have the long RCA cable (for the sub) at home but I would have to buy new RCA cables for the active speakers. I found those two cables in my old cable box: Would it be okay to use it and plug it in the balanced IN of my active speakers (JBL LSR)...
  15. P

Thank you guys, that's what I really appreciate in this forum, just precise and informative responses. They don't offer this kind of solution just balanced and unbalanced IN.
  16. P

Hi everyone, I have a question, I already googled it and mainly found personal opinions, so I was curious if somebody could give me an answer to my question in this forum? - I ordered the Topping E30 which has one RCA out: - I want to buy 2 RCA-splitters: - my active sub is on the other...
  17. P

How to equalize the right way, slow or sudden adjustment in terms of frequency?

Thanks for the answers. You're right I never put it that way. A measured speaker with flaws will never have a peak from 0 to +4 between (for example) 5999 and 6000 Hz, it will always have a starting point and a peak but in between is always an area where it slowly rises or falls. So my equalizer...
  18. P

How to equalize the right way, slow or sudden adjustment in terms of frequency?

Hi @ everyone, I have a beginner question. Let's say have an active speaker (speaker XY) which was measured and has peaks in treble, let's say: 6000 - 10000 Hz +4dB So I install Equalizer APO: Option 1: I use an adjustment which starts to slowly decrease between 5k and 6K stays the same til...
Top Bottom