Search results

1. L

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

I have the EU apple dongle plugged on my pc and I never go higher than 60% volume.
  2. L

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

These were heavily branded by some yters as the perfect headphones for "critical listening" as they added nothing to the mix. Slogans aside, I bought a pair more than six months ago and for what they cost they are unmatched.
  3. L

Music is dead.

Screaming audience aside, the equipment the bands had back then was abysmal. Shea stadium, 100 Watt amps, good luck with that.
  4. L

are you disappointed of some of your old favorite songs that sound like crap on you new hi fi equipment?

I'm in this exact position right now. With the recently purchased HD560S the cymbals on some records are really upfront and the constant hissing sound makes them unbearable (had to resort in lowering the 5khz frequency on the eq).
  5. L

Headphone stand - suggestions needed!

My window handle works just fine: I won't be needing it anymore, since my monitor covers it. As a plus, it's safe from my cat's paws.
  6. L

Now that I have a pair of HD560S I'm considering downsizing my pc speakers config

I've looked some soundbars too, but as all consumer/amazon mass products it's a jungle and really hard to figure if the price/performance is fair. Creative T20 are as expensive as a pair of Edifier R980T (70€), which at that price range might just be flat better I guess. I'll keep looking...
  7. L

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I'm just scared of the overall weight and strain it has to support plus the 90° angling. I've googled but I can't find anything related to reinforcing it, do you have any link?
  8. L

Now that I have a pair of HD560S I'm considering downsizing my pc speakers config

EU. As I said, I'd prefer to keep it simple and not bulky. For additional clarification, since what is bulky for me might not be for you, the ones you have suggested are.
  9. L

Aside from the fact that those speakers are not available in my country, I find it funny that the thread states "downsizing" and your suggestion is actually the opposite :p
  10. L

In that case, I'll keep it. It looks so fragile though, and I don't have a proper way to shrink wrap it.
  11. L

If you are interested ,the motherboard is this one, Realtek® ALC892/ALC897 Codec. Right now the only reason I find the dongle handy is so that I can have plugged in on the back both headphones and speakers...but maybe that's something achievable with a normal splitter as well?
  12. L

Way too expensive for the minimal use I have in mind. I guess that any consumer-grade pc speaker will do...
  13. L

Living in EU I got one just to have a cheap DAC to go with a pair of 560S and yes, it does lower the sound (many records from the 70s I like are just loud enough). If I were an avid jazz-classical music listener, I'd probably feel the need to get an amp. On a sidenote, should I notice an...
  14. L

But that's the point: as I've said, I'm not looking for great sounding speakers that occupy significant space (unless somebody makes a valid argument that makes me feel I'll miss something without good monitors), as I've got my headphones already.
  15. L

Well, as little as possible I guess, if it's for general audio and such.
  16. L

Hello to all of you, I've recently discovered this forum and albeit I'm nowhere as knowledgeable as you, I'm trying my best to learn more every day, lurking here and there. Now, on to my current dilemma. I've owned for the past twenty years a set of speakers that many of you know and...
Top Bottom