Search results

1. L

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

anyone have one to send to amir yet?
  2. L

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Keep in mind they're not getting the drivers for $100, They're an OEM but PE is selling them so they're getting them for much cheaper, same w/ their crossover components and cabinets. I will say tho Erin's review is out now and it doesnt look great, I think PE/Dayton could have done a better...
  3. L

What are you driving them with?
  4. L

Tho the 7" one seems to be hugely differing in distortion compared to the 5.5" version used in the OPAL-1. Seems like the larger 7" one is significantly worse, Not sure why the difference is so significant, they're not purifi levels of low but the 5.5" is still quite good. Test Bench: The...
  5. L

Matt Phillips is the lab tech @Parts Express posted this. Seems like there aren't any issues w/ the driver sealing & the pinholes. Anyone own a Epique driver care to comment? Supposedly the clear resin should be creating a proper seal on the cone. Another Parts Express employee also posted a...
  6. L

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I'd love to work for DCA, even for CS lol
  7. L

I'm guessing its cause the enclosure is really smol~ Theres other speakers like buchardt s400 mk2 that measure similarly in bass extension but have much more normal sensativity, but then again they cost almost 3x. Ultimaitely i think the product might be a demo product to show the capabilities...
  8. L

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I was hoping Dan would have sent a pair to Amir to review by now
  9. L

AXPONA 2017: JansZen Electrostatic Headphones

Interestingly its 2024 now and they were supposed to happen over kickstarter a while back in 2019 but it never fully got funding. Now on the site it says coming winter 2023, and idk if anyone bought a pair if they've started shipping but its Spring 2024. Seems like a lengthy project~
  10. L

Electrostatic speakers?

Is the primary reason why electrostats measure poorly because they're dipole? If so what about JansZen's e-stats? They're enclosed in a backbox w/ glass fill in them supposedly. They're also working on a headphone now. I've always wondered what directivity of an e-stat is supposed to look like...
  11. L

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

This is honestly what I was thinking as well... If a company is willing to act like this they're not going to last long.... Leadership will be questioned...
  12. L

Sigberg Audio Manta Cardioid active speakers: Full measurements (Spinorama)

Does the cardioid design improve imaging, it does look like directivity is pretty concentrated. Also wondering but why does it look like it dies off pre-maturely after 12k?
  13. L

Down4Sound JP95 Car Amplifier Review

I dont think its good but i think its passable for what it is.
  14. L

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Anyone w/ a SR009s comment on how it sounds compared to hd800s soundstage and imaging?
  15. L

PS Audio FR10 sneak peak

Hope erin gets the fr30 and fr5 to review some day
  16. L

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

Ive always kept a bad dac/amp around intentionally for this purpose to define the range of what is audibly a bad dac. I have cheapy NVArcher DAC that has a lot of issues as a general benchmark for what can be heard as a poor sounding dac, lots of clicks, pops, ticks, and it has a distrinct hint...
  17. L

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

are there ballpark cost expectations for r2?
  18. L

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

i wanna just be able to join them together some how in 1 box
  19. L

M&K S-150THX Speaker Review

Ive always wondered how do they not have comb filtering issues compared to other line arrays?
  20. L

Aiyima’s TPA3255 PFFB based amplifier, coming soon

I'm super exited for that version, i hope you guys make a modular or multichannel version as well. I'd love to just slot in more boards and add more channels to a HT setup.
Top Bottom