Search results

1. E

Does anybody actually listen to "Hotel California" outside of gear demos? (answer: apparently so)

This morning the sound of "Hotel California" by The Eagles came blasting from the apartment upstairs. Somehow I had it in my head that this song exists only in the realm of mid-fi audio demos, selected by people going for a "safe," well recorded yet relentlessly upbeat jukebox track, avoiding...
  2. E

Compact amp with volume control for desktop setup

Hi all, I'm shopping for a desktop amp to power a pair of small full range, single driver speakers, and the kicker is that it needs a volume knob (because my DX7 Pro DAC disables the volume control in line output mode :facepalm:). A Topping PA3 would fit the bill nicely, but I'm turned off by...
  3. E

Hi fi, low volume

Hi all, I live in a large apartment complex that was hastily built out of a few sheets of plywood and drywall in the 1960s. Over the past year-plus of working from home I've been getting by with my Grado headphones, but now my inner home audiophile is coming out of hibernation and trying to set...
Top Bottom