Search results

1. O

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

Only in certain workloads ... More channels to process, higher bitrate, should it be real-time?
  2. O

What lenses are you currently using?

Main body is Olympus E-M1x. Secondary is M5MkIII. All round indoor zoom is M.Zuiko 12-40 F2.8 Pro. Serves as wide lens for outdoor. All round outdoor zoom is Lumix GX 35-100 F2.8 Leica DG 25mm F1.4 Mark II is main prime lens. Sigma 56mm F1.4 is portrait lens Also I have Sirui 50mm F1,8...
  3. O

Pics you’ve taken,

Vampire Taken at Halloween Party Olympus M1x M.Zuiko 12-40 PRO
  4. O

According to my tests on Win11 PRO, it does.
  5. O

Realtek ALC1220 - a look on PC sound

It appears to be a package for uninstalling old drivers and semi-manual installation of specific type of drivers by Realtek. The github repository does not seem to contain any Realtek driver files, so you have to get those on your own.
  6. O

Those are usually quite generic based on "High definition audio controller" driver. But if you find in your device manager things like "Audio effects component" and there is a dozen of them, then its usually part of the problem. These are bundled to sound drivers to process the sound through...
  7. O

Pics you’ve taken,

8. O

Pics you’ve taken,

9. O

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

Sometimes you may find out that you need a cable for 220v 10 or 15 amps and it the price is within reason (30-50 dollars) it could be even reasonable purchase. Mostly its not.
  10. O

Pics you’ve taken,

My girlfriend took me there, and then I just saw it :). Luckily she likes when I take pictures of sceneries when we are on a date :)
  11. O

They are turning off landlines in 2025!

I dont want to use SIP gateway, but after I googled it a bit, my ISP/Phone provider does use them. So I was like "no, thank you,". Mostly ISP installs modems/routers to people who are not skilled in IT. Those settings are available on internet in case someone wants to maintain modem/router at...
  12. O

I would agree, but I live in a capital city of a country :). Also quality of service however depends on location and coverage by network, while ISP sells three packages (cheap/medium/expensive), but based on location you can pay same money for different data rates. Provider did make those...
  13. O

In october 2021 my provider decided to upgrade to VDSL2 (yes, you are reading the year correctly, there was an active ADSL2 here until 2021), and the phone went dead. When I asked about it, I was told that old line will no longer operate, even when the regional code was B, and there was still...
  14. O

Sound cards and drivers

I have been doing few tests in terms of system speed, but not focusing on performance, but on fluidity (if is that a word). In 3d gaming you would use terms like "stuttering" to describe small, but very visible performance drops in 3d rendering. This is of course a concern for audio, especially...
  15. O

Pics you’ve taken,

Strbske Pleso Glacial lake in High Tatras. M1x Olympus 12-40mm @ 24mm ISO200, 1/25s (without tripod) F2.8
  16. O

Sound cards and drivers

I do clear up all old unused devices everytime. Later I noticed that GPU switched to x8 speed, so moved the card a bit in slot and it seems to fix the issue - maybe the issue with driver failure is also related. But I am still quite curious why Line-based mode for audio devices is preferred.
  17. O

Sound cards and drivers

This will be slightly more computer/Windows oriented question. Short story: For some time I found information that its good practice to have Audio device set to Line-based mode. Now I even found newly installed device where audio drivers are on purpose set to Line Based mode. What is the...
  18. O

Been testing WASAPI Exclusive and ASIO for Realtek1220. Results were perfectly identical, plus I checked the endpoints. Incoming data stream was rendered at its original sample rate, the only thing that driver changed in the output is that it used 32bit(padded) format - eg. it was 24bits of...
  19. O

It was measured from the integrated amplifier's headphones jack, as I was testing it end-to-end. There were some bogus claims that external DAC miraculously solves these problems, while people were unaware this is happenning at SW level in PC + I was testing how resampling affect listening...
  20. O

Been doing similar tests on Realtek 1220A connected to NAD 3020d V2 over TOSLINK. 1. There was little to no difference between Exclusive and ASIO modes of the driver. FFTs were identical without any distortion caused by Windows. 2. Foobar with WASAPI Shared does deduce 6db + there is a bug...
Top Bottom