Search results

1. P

Probably irrelevant but still interesting study on ultrasonics

Something unrelated got me curious about how the auditory nerve was routed in non-primate mammals, and all I really learned on that front is that anatomical illustrations seems to drop sharply in quality when they aren't of humans, but what ended up being more interesting. I found this paper...
  2. P

Long overdue to replace my NFB-5

(I actually don't think this thing was a bad buy when I got it, it would have been competing with stuff from Headamp and Headroom and no one was measuring headphone amps back then, though the lack of any compliance stickers, US or otherwise, it a bit of a downside.) What I want to end up with...
  3. P

SO I decided to run RMAA on my Audio GD NFB-5

And we're not off to a good start. I looked at this calibration screen thinking, "Weird the level should be higher than this": And then I realize I have the wrong input selected on the NFB-5. Anyway, I'm doing this because I have a pet theory that the less something from Audio GD costs, the...
  4. P

So I decided to try and figure out what the X-fi Crystalizer actually is

The X-fi is kind of a funny sound card, because it was made with the looming threat of motherboard integrated audio being "good enough" for most consumers, so I think Creative (Cre^tive?) felt it needed to be all things to all people. As a result, this card has both hardware acceleration for...
Top Bottom