Search results

1. M

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

My primary target was to increase the comfort as I truly can't keep stock pads on my head for more than an hour, so memory foam with better velour material was a must. Sound alteration is a bonus, as I am using these headphones around my TV (movies, music, console gaming, ..) and Creative GC7...
  2. M

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Yes, I am using Dekoni elite velour pads + 3D printed adapter rings so I can mount them. Dekoni pads greatly increased comfort and greatly reduced piercing upper mids/lower treble. Probably not the most "accurate" headphones now, but I can wear and listen to them for hours, so for me it's a good...
  3. M

Virtual 7.1 Surround Sound processing in Headphones

@owners of Creative SXFI - just in case you missed it (like me), Creative released "silent" revision of SXFI during past few months. If you take fresh pictures and create a new profile, it is marked as GEN3 instead of GEN2. At least in my case it fixed uneven level of 7.1 side left/right...
  4. M

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

I don't really like single BA IEMs, I find them lacking in bass even after EQ. I am fine with hybrids or single DD drivers. Anyway, ER3 would be about 140USD once delivered to my door, so it's not such a bargain anymore. I know that SE215 are considered "bad" these days, but after comparing...
  5. M

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Thanks for suggestions, but yes, they sadly have only ER2 SE and once I add shipping costs, tax, customs duty fee I am pretty much at the local full price (with just 1 year of warranty abroad vs. 2 years local). Drop price of ER3 XR is more intriguing, but their measurements are even "worse"...
  6. M

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Thanks, I think that I will like SE215 with an EQ - I have Fiio FH1s and after subtle EQ they sound great to me, they just don't isolate very well and have bigger form factor, so when I'm on the move they tend to fall out from my ears. I moved away from Etymotic (HF5) after their cable broke...
  7. M

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

I am debating myself over buying "outdated" Shure SE215 which are considered to be mostly "obsolete" these days and lacking in sound quality. However they are praised for their comfort and passive isolation which I am very interested in. Comparing measurements done by Crinacle suggests that FD5...
  8. M

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

I am aware of limitations of using different measurement systems, but even with GRAS there comes to play unit-to-unit & seating variations, so I don't take any measurements or recommended EQ settings as absolutely valid, but more as a guide to know which regions need the most "fixing". If I want...
  9. M

I have a very good experience with Dekoni and Brainwavz ear pads on closed/semi open Beyerdynamic and Fostex headphones - those are less prone to drastic acoustic changes due to ear pad swapping (as long as ear pads share similar properties with stock ones). I replaced HD560s ear pads due to...
  10. M

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't consider it worth the trouble and expenses (+ I already spent money on Dekoni earpads and 3D printed adapter rings with questionable results) as I don't really like the stock sound that much anyway (too sibilant/harsh in treble for my taste).
  11. M

I don't know either, maybe it's too soft..? :) I tried all the possible positions already (making them bigger, smaller, moving up/down/forward/backward/even sides switched), none of them work for me. I guess that I am one of the unlucky ones who can't use Sennheiser headphones.. The "comfort...
  12. M

Yep, the headband creates a hotspot on the top of my head and earpads are rather uncomfortable (itchy velour and hard foam). The comfort gets better with using 3rd party ear pads (Brainwavz micro suede or Dekoni velour), but sound character changes quite a lot. I had a very similar issue with...
  13. M

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

From the official manual, device was designed to be used connected all the time and in theory should keep working even with faulty battery. Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z7sMD4v_8P1zYGW7-hrHvHVJRdm-3bQA/view
  14. M

Looking for a <€150 headphone with 3.5mm connection at the cups

Sennheiser uses 2.5mm jack (hence the adapter). Fostex uses 3.5mm, but they require right angle cable as the jack is on the side of the cup.
  15. M

Looking for a <€150 headphone with 3.5mm connection at the cups

You could also consider Sennheiser + this cheap adapter (same as for Audio-Technica headphones). For example HD560s are being praised here. I don't like them that much, they can be quite harsh in treble without EQ and they are lacking comfort on my head (I like Fostex T50RP much more, but they...
  16. M

Just for anyone interested - I tried Fiio FH1S IEMs with SXFI and I find it to be the best combination for the most convincing and natural virtual surround. SXFI in general gives me much better directional ques than other solutions, but at the cost of excessive reverb. This is especially true...
  17. M

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Let's try it the other way, you claim that they have 4 drivers per side - can you provide proof of it? Disassembly pictures, technical specifications,..
  18. M

That's nice that you think that, but it still isn't true. From the official web page: "Full 3D emulation with wired USB support for popular surround sound modes (7.1/5.1)"
  19. M

Probably because it's not true.. Looks like one driver per ear piece. And they use virtual surround.. "We've partnered with Waves, the world-leading developer of audio DSP technologies and Technical GRAMMY® Award recipient, to fuse their groundbreaking NX technology into Mobius. Able to...
  20. M

GC7 is a great companion to console gaming or just TV in general as it can be conveniently configured either by the buttons or via the Bluetooth app. For me it's more "future proof" than G6 as it can function as a standalone DAC/AMP without a PC. SXFI might get better (they moved to version #2...
Top Bottom