Search results

1. R

First week with Magico A3

Thought I'd share my first week experience on the A3 Magico's. Speakers out of the box, nice black sheen to the finish.. Heavy as hell.. After struggling with a piece of gym matt underneath each speaker to move them around in the room, I suddenly had this brilliance, what if I go get furniture...
  2. R

Magico A3

Got the Magico A3's delivered last night.. Hooked them up to MA352, with the Luxman DX03 DAC for a Lumin U1 mini streamer. Started with vintage French music.. Think I have finally achieved the elusive audio nirvana.. Excellent clarity, controlled bass and non fatiguing highs.. Quite haunting.. I...
  3. R

Lumin

Is Lumin app only available for IOS and Android and not for windows? Does anyone know?
  4. R

Fleetwood Deville

I just read a comment from owner Oliver of Delve Audio saying compared to Fleetwood Deville speakers, Magico A series is a con game.. His store sells Fleetwood speakers.. that just about killed my curiosity in them
  5. R

Leaving a amplifier on..

Does leaving an amplifier (Class AB) on all the time shorten its life, or switching on and off after each use shorten its life? Does leaving the amp in standby extend its life instead of a cold start?
  6. R

Class A amplifier

A few months back, I looked seriously investing into a turntable.. but after some discussions on this board with some valuable inputs from members I have stayed clear of the vinyl itch and I am mostly convinced to not go that route.. Thanks.. Now I have questions on Class A amplifiers.. I have...
  7. R

EAT C Sharp

Anyone here has had experience with EAT C Sharp? how simple is it to set up? is belt drive a safe way to go compared to DD? I am debating between this and the Thorens DD 403.. Any advice would be really helpful..
  8. R

At a loss

Couple of months back, bought the Gold Note DS-10 to combine that with the Mcintosh C53, having experimented with it, I am finding the DAC on the GoldNote is not to my liking. The volume level of the Analog out of the DS-10 is too low, where I have to crank it up to get some life out of the...
  9. R

Magico M2

Went to the local store to listen to the Sonus Faber Sonetto V. Was hooked up to Mcintosh outfit and sounded real nice. Not serious yet about buying them. Still impatiently waiting for the Salk Veracity STs, its been 6 months and few days and only 29% complete.. :( The room had the Magico M2...
  10. R

Brands that you hate

I have a healthy hate for certain brands of speakers.. Bose is at the Top of the list.. Maybe because people claim they are high end.. anyone here who love them?
  11. R

Salksound website

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Salk sound website? Keeps saying website can't be found..
  12. R

Mcintosh: the looks

I was of the camp, Mcintosh is not very appealing looks and doesn't do it for me.. Never had seen one in person until recently.. Now that I discovered a local high end store, and ended up getting the C53 and MC462 I have flipped.. I think they are beautiful, and I love how the combo sounds...
  13. R

MS500

Anyone can speak from experience owning the Mcintosh MS500? reviews are good.. it'd be great to hear from first hand ownership..
  14. R

Gold Note DS-10

Anyone has any advise/experience on the Gold Note DS-10.. I am new to the streaming world. Looking to buy a streamer to pair with Mcintosh C53 and 462.. Please advice.. Also looking at the Lumin D2..
  15. R

Frequency

Most of the Salk speakers rated upper end says 40Khz.. Isn't the listening capability of the human ears if you are lucky goes up to only 20Khz? what am I missing What would a 40Khz sound in real life?
  16. R

Salk Speakers

Anyone can comment from owning and experiencing Salk speakers? I have ordered the Veracity ST a couple of months back, and probably won't get it for another month. I was a little surprised and disappointed a local hi-end audio store here have never heard of Salk..
  17. R

Hello Folks, I am new to this forum, just in the last few months something flipped in me, and I have been on a quest to revamp my audio equipment. I've had the Nakamichi AV10, combined with ROTEL amplifiers with ROTEL CD player and B&W 805 D3 for the longest time. Some of the new purchases now...
Top Bottom