Search results

1. lucas122478

New Member, Audio Newbie, No Idea What I'm Doing

It was a busy day. The LG 55CXOLED and Samsung HW-450A came in. It took entirely too long to put the stand on the TV. For whatever reasons, the instructions did not show attaching the 3 screws to the front metal leg area that attaches to the base. I assumed once you screwed in the backplate for...
  2. lucas122478

I've found the PB-1000 Pro for as cheap as around $780 so far if paid in cash. Mostly it's selling for $900 from what I've seen. The PB-2000 PRO I've only found that one from Sound concepts that he's offering at a discount for $1288. The regular versions haven't found anything yet. To get the...
  3. lucas122478

Okay, so shoot me 5 different 3-way center speakers that are $500 under in costs? Then I can see if I can special order them.
  4. lucas122478

Both vendors, too risky. Zero sales from the lazada one. Also in his storefront he literally only has the ELACs nothing else. The facebook guy doesn't have enough followers, nor reviews to make him a safe bet either and he requires payment made upfront (bank xfer) before delivering. However...
  5. lucas122478

I haven't come across nor really looked for PH-based websites with audio enthusiasts. For years, I've literally only window-shopped AVRs and never got to the point of actually looking into speakers until a few days ago. I started off looking at lazada.com.ph. That is the Philippines equivalent...
  6. lucas122478

Yes, and congratulations, you have now characterized people who live in Pakistan as "terrorists that murder women, men, and children." Thank you for confirming the beliefs that underlie your original statement about people in Pakistan living in caves. No, I think I understood you just fine...
  7. lucas122478

In all seriousness Preload, there was no "intolerance" meant in what I stated. I could have easily stated articles written by a Martian in a cave on Mars. You just simply misunderstood the context. The Pakastani living in a cave is implied as an individual, that is living far away from the...
  8. lucas122478

I've updated the first post at the beginning of the thread with an image of the spreadsheet showing what has been determined versus what hasn't and what has been suggested that is not available so it's easier than scrolling through all the messages. Still searching for a 3-way center speaker...
  9. lucas122478

Those are almost 3x the price of the S15's. I'd love to be able to spend that much now but it's not in the cards. Once, I do update 2.0 and move whatever current setup I end up getting into the den for the kids then I can relook at something like these hopefully. This is all ballooning out more...
  10. lucas122478

My girlfriend, (in my avatar) her family has a lot of beachfront land in Aklan, near Boracay. Once I get my starlink package (LEO satellite internet) sometime in 2022, we're seriously considering moving down there and building a house.
  11. lucas122478

Lol, See what I mean with all the misinformation on the web? I found a dealer that "had" infinity series 7 years ago. I messaged him to see if can get it and waiting on response. By chance, he also has the PB-1000 for $780 ($120 cheaper than other guy).
  12. lucas122478

...And it just gets more confusing... Below is a copy of the description from BHphotovideo site. "Enjoy versatile placement and setup options with the washed black walnut Polk Audio Signature Series S35 Two-Way LCR Speaker. It features a 1" Terylene dome tweeter and six 3" mid/woofer drivers...
  13. lucas122478

Local PH Article claims that this (version) is full-range (which google claims is 3-way). Polk Audio Signature S35 Center Channel / Multi-purpose home theater speaker. ($370) They also recommend this one which they claim is full-range too. Definitive Technology CS-9040 Center Channel Speaker...
  14. lucas122478

Btw, there are also POLK R300, R350, and R400 center speakers available. If I need to pay a "bit" more for a center speaker, I reckon that would be fine.
  15. lucas122478

IF Infinity means Infinity by Karmen, there are a few dealers here, but they sell only automobile speakers. Possibly can special order through them but I doubt it. Harmon is also in the malls but mainly geared towards cellphones, so might have better luck with them.
  16. lucas122478

Royu is a popular local brand. I can get it for around 0.75 per meter. Product Name: Royu THHN/THWN Stranded 10 AWG/ 5.5mm² Wire
  17. lucas122478

S15's I can get. JBL A130's I'm waiting for a response from JBL themselves. They list the a130s on the local .PH site, but none of their vendors have it on their website.
  18. lucas122478

Okay, then. Let's just close it out with the SVS PB-1000 for $900. The seller even will honor the manufacturer warranty (Something that's hard to get here if the market for the product isn't big.) Tentative Build so far: AVR - Denon AVR-X3700H SUB - SVS PB1000 PRO SUB2 - No...
  19. lucas122478

If I understand this correctly I base what sub is better on how high the number is for 25hz and 40hz? I did find a (Ranked #120) SVS PB-1000 Pro for $900 here. However, (Ranked #68) JBL 4645c ranks higher and is $860. If I can special order this thru JBL at around the same price should I go...
  20. lucas122478

Unfortunately, the second-hand market for anything 9 out of 10 times here is not worth it. Whereas, on average Americans will dump used products from anywhere between -50% to -75% discount to (free). Filipinos try to sell used stuff at +50% to -10% of what they paid for it. (lol)
Top Bottom