Search results

1. sleepyboy69

Topping RC-22 (how to open)

What is the advantage of using this remote over the RC-15A? I just broke the battery compartment on mine :(
  2. sleepyboy69

Is the Etymotic Research ER3SE worth it?

@JohnYang1997 , Hey John, I wanted to ask you: what Topping amp would you recommend for the ER2SE? I also bought the "ER4P to S" converter hoping this will get me to the right place. Did I do the right thing? What else do you recommend to maximize my experience? I was looking at the Topping...
  3. sleepyboy69

Cheap/Free/Inexpensive Improvements in Sound Quality?

Awesome. Time to get into the books then.
  4. sleepyboy69

Cheap/Free/Inexpensive Improvements in Sound Quality?

Hey @pozz, I agree with everything you say BUT Since I agree with you, I would like to know if there are any personal recommendations on this sort of thing that you would suggest. IMO the cheapest it gets is to DIY acoustic panels (even though it is somewhat expensive), what do you think?
  5. sleepyboy69

Topping U90 (USB DDC) and HS-01 (USB filter)

The U90 is already available for purchase. I'm hoping to know more on it before I pull the trigger. I'm torn between choosing an AES output or just get the Topping d30 pro cause it has a preamp and my speakers (s3v) don't have any physical volume control (and my concerns are mainly safety)
  6. sleepyboy69

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

Thanks! Unfortunately the PRE90 doesnt have AES out! And I'm looking to connect to s3v's which have AES3 in. Any ideas? Hows the user interface on that one?
  7. sleepyboy69

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

I need topping to do something that looks like a D30 pro, meaning, have a good preamp with a nice volume knob, a nice display like the d30 pro, and an AES out. I don't need DAC but I dont want to control volume from my source (laptop, phone, etc). Please!
  8. sleepyboy69

Adam A8X discontinued?

I dont know, but check out the review thread on the T7V as there was a user there talking about the bad design in the AX series. Convinced me to sell my A77Xs and get S3Vs instead.
  9. sleepyboy69

Extreme Snake Oil

sounds like something Adorno would write about.
  10. sleepyboy69

Extreme Snake Oil

I dont know a lot of wealthy people but I would actually argue that a wealthy person is more likely to prefer scientifically based acoustics and equipment. 1. They have free time to invest themselves subjectively in a science 2. They have the means to try out different setups (speakers, rooms...
  11. sleepyboy69

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

oh yeah you're right! Sorry.. :oops:
  12. sleepyboy69

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

So.. keeping in line with my previous posts... how would you connect this AES output to a speaker with AES3 inputs like the S3V?
  13. sleepyboy69

What height do you prefer to have the tweeters on your speakers when in listening position? At ear level, above the ear level, or below the ear level?

Sorry if this is ignorant sounding.. what does an incident angle of -5 mean? Like the speaker is facing downwards towards you, or that you're around -5 degrees under the tweeter, with the speaker facing frontwards, straight on?
  14. sleepyboy69

MiniDSP SHD Studio

I'm in your same boat, looking for an AES3 out. The good thing is I've only bought one cheapo good enough DAC so not much of a loss there. Ill keep an eye on the thread.
  15. sleepyboy69

Which devices do I need for digital multi channel output?

Hi, I have a similar situation, sorry if I am hijacking the thread: - Is there a better solution to this for a 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2 system? (Currently just 2.0) - If no, can the cable provided by miniDSP be extended without issues? - Is there any streamer that will output 2.0 AES3? I am looking...
  16. sleepyboy69

The kit we bought, our current setups

Ill check it out, thanks
  17. sleepyboy69

Yeah that sounds pretty smart. What do you run them with? I have a friend who I believe knows a lot about audio who once told me to not buy a pro sub - since they are easy and cheap to DIY, unlike the frequencies above that. I don't know how much of his opinion was casual, but he does have a lot...
  18. sleepyboy69

Does this actually sound good? Not trying to be a smartass - if it does that's pretty cool.
Top Bottom