Search results

1. MaxBuck

R.I.P. Jeff Beck

Very saddened to read of his passing as a result of bacterial meningitis. He was truly a giant of musical art, and his absence will be felt by many. Rest in peace, Jeff. You have brought enjoyment to countless fans.
  2. MaxBuck

Sony Automobiles

Call me Rip van Winkle, but I had no idea Sony was developing automobiles. It will be interesting to follow this development. https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/vision-s/vehicle1.html
  3. MaxBuck

Hi-Fi vs. Audio

I've come to realize that there's a fundamental difference between high-fidelity reproduction and the audio equipment that many "audiophiles" like to acquire and experience. And that there's no reason to depreciate either approach. Vinyl is fundamentally not a high fidelity reproduction...
  4. MaxBuck

SOLD: Schiit Modi 3+ DAC

Modi 3+ is the usual Schiit. Modi has barely been used. Nice DAC but lacks integral volume control. Modi 3+: $80 plus actual shipping cost Paypal only, please.
  5. MaxBuck

RME ADI-2 DAC or miniDSP SHD as preamplifiers?

I'm considering both the above excellent components, with the idea of replacing my Adcom GFP-750 and the DAC in my Bluesound Node and also provide DSP for room correction. Would the output from each of them be appropriate to feed my NAD C298 power amp? What measurements, exactly, do I need to...
  6. MaxBuck

Cable Orientation Guides

As I understand it, my speaker cables ideally should cross my amplifier (balanced) input cables and power cables at a 90-degree angle. Is this correct? And if so, is anyone aware of any manufactured guides (plastic or whatever) to help maintain that orientation?
  7. MaxBuck

Room Correction with Schiit Lokius?

I see that Schiit has just announced a new 6-band balanced equalizer they're calling the Lokius. If I were to measure room response using some software package or other and a decent microphone, do you believe this device could be satisfactory in adjusting the FR to accommodate my very hard...
  8. MaxBuck

Balanced DAC - Audible Difference Likely?

OK, I have a Schiit Modi 3+ worked into my new system (got it essentially as a disposable part to test some components before the remaining parts - KEF R11s and Bluesound Node - arrive). My question is whether I could expect a good balanced DAC like the Schiit Modius or Gustard X16 to yield an...
  9. MaxBuck

Balanced Input to Adcom GFP-750

This preamplifier has a balanced input section that specifies it to be for CD player. Would this likely be acceptable for balanced DAC output also? What specification parameters would I need to research to verify this won't fry anything or lead to horrible playback sound? Right now here's all...
  10. MaxBuck

Amplification Advice Sought

To drive the new KEF R11s that I've got on order, I'm considering the following power amplifiers: March P502 March P452 NAD C298 Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra Any thoughts? The speakers have an impedance minimum approaching 2 ohms, which has me a little concerned despite their fairly high...
  11. MaxBuck

Help for Newbie with system

Hi, all. I'm just getting back into listening to music - moved to a new place with existing architectural speakers in 4 rooms and mechanical switchbox and nothing else. All I have of my old stereo system is an Adcom GFP-750 preamp, so starting essentially from scratch. My objectives are...
Top Bottom