Search results

1. MaxBuck

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Just listening to this album on my (non-Meta) R11s. Man, that string bass! Decided I don't need subwoofers.
  2. MaxBuck

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

So, so many things make me feel foolish. I suppose there's a lesson there somewhere.
  3. MaxBuck

What are we listening to right now..

Blue Oyster Cult's latest sounds just like all their other stuff. For better or worse. They do a pretty good cover of We Gotta Get Out of this Place, though.
  4. MaxBuck

Archimago has a new DAC listening test

Based on my success in guessing what my wife really expects me to do, I'd say the odds can be pretty good.
  5. MaxBuck

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Beautifully stated. Couldn't agree more.
  6. MaxBuck

I once worked at a place that had a particle accelerator, but don't count on me to design your nuclear reactor.
  7. MaxBuck

I think we've put that possibility well behind us.
  8. MaxBuck

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Neither of which is the KC92.
  9. MaxBuck

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

KEF cites a frequency response down to 11 Hz (!) and maximum SPL of 110 dB, which seems to equal the capabilities of much larger subwoofers. I admit to being intrigued by this thing.
  10. MaxBuck

Neither of these is a fact. Both are opinions. The judge will laugh you out of the courtroom.
  11. MaxBuck

There is nothing holy about the signal

I've concluded after a great deal of careful, deep thought and consideration (LIE!!!) that good signal is holy, while crappy signal is not.
  12. MaxBuck

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

What an unusual outcome.
  13. MaxBuck

New mysterious Genelec monitors

These look like what the WattPuppy could be if only Wilson knew what the fuck they were doing.
  14. MaxBuck

Have Slim Floorstanding Speakers "Had Their Day?"

My R11s are pretty slim, and the objective and subjective folks all seem to like them. Not sure what this is all about, actually.
  15. MaxBuck

Not sure you really need a router.
  16. MaxBuck

Your attorney should inform you that the court will require that actual facts be presented, as opposed to the unsupported opinions that you've here paraded as "facts."
  17. MaxBuck

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Mesanovic makes a couple of great cardioids also.
  18. MaxBuck

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Well, right, that's what hospital administrators claim, but that "evidence" is rarely statistically rigorous. One of the things that I find most distressing about medical research is the paucity of statistics understanding at the fundamental level by the principal investigators. The world needs...
  19. MaxBuck

Do you have an explanation for the claimed noise reduction achieved in electrophysiology measurements when their power conditioning is employed? Again: this stuff is beyond my understanding; just trying to learn something here. And pardon me for not accepting a simple statement that "It's all...
  20. MaxBuck

I find myself puzzled by Shunyata, particularly as regards use of their cable systems in medical and scientific instrument applications. https://shunyata.com/technology/#clear-image-scientific-link Are physicians and hospital administrators being hornswoggled by these people, or are the...
Top Bottom